Cuis is the right place for Morphic development.

Cuis is the right place for Morphic development.

Hannes Hirzel
> On 4/26/2014 10:06 AM, nacho wrote:
>> My idea is to have a very good understanding of how Morphic works in Cuis,
>> and after that try to document an make examples.
..

>> However, the implementations are quiet different in general.
>> Also, Pharo seems to be moving away from Morphic.
>> Not in the sense that is taking it out, but in the
>> sense that it has applied a new Framework on top of it -Spec-.
>> Morphic  still works but it seems it will not be the defacto framework for UI building.

Nacho

Yes, I agree that the only substantial development of Morphic is going
on in Cuis, not in Pharo, Specs is a layer on top of it and later
maybe they generate for Athens and in Squeak it is in maintenance
mode.

So let's port some more of the old Squeak Morphic examples!

--Hannes

Re: Cuis is the right place for Morphic development.

David T. Lewis
On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 08:02:10PM +0000, H. Hirzel wrote:

> > On 4/26/2014 10:06 AM, nacho wrote:
> >> My idea is to have a very good understanding of how Morphic works in Cuis,
> >> and after that try to document an make examples.
> ..
>
> >> However, the implementations are quiet different in general.
> >> Also, Pharo seems to be moving away from Morphic.
> >> Not in the sense that is taking it out, but in the
> >> sense that it has applied a new Framework on top of it -Spec-.
> >> Morphic  still works but it seems it will not be the defacto framework for UI building.
>
> Nacho
>
> Yes, I agree that the only substantial development of Morphic is going
> on in Cuis, not in Pharo, Specs is a layer on top of it and later
> maybe they generate for Athens and in Squeak it is in maintenance
> mode.

As one of the Squeak maintainers, I am going to take that as a compliment ;-)

Jokes aside, I am really looking forward to Morphic 3, and I hope that
some time we can make it work in Squeak as well as in Cuis. I think that
this is possible. I see Cuis as clean, simple, and innovative. Squeak
should be both stable and adaptable to great new things like Morphic 3.

Dave

> So let's port some more of the old Squeak Morphic examples!
>
> --Hannes

Re: Cuis is the right place for Morphic development.

Juan Vuletich-4
Hi Dave,

On 4/26/2014 7:04 PM, David T. Lewis wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 08:02:10PM +0000, H. Hirzel wrote:
>> Yes, I agree that the only substantial development of Morphic is going
>> on in Cuis, not in Pharo, Specs is a layer on top of it and later
>> maybe they generate for Athens and in Squeak it is in maintenance
>> mode.
> As one of the Squeak maintainers, I am going to take that as a compliment ;-)
>
> Jokes aside, I am really looking forward to Morphic 3, and I hope that
> some time we can make it work in Squeak as well as in Cuis. I think that
> this is possible. I see Cuis as clean, simple, and innovative. Squeak
> should be both stable and adaptable to great new things like Morphic 3.
>
> Dave

Thanks for your continued and patient interest on Morphic 3. And thank
you for supporting both Cuis and Squeak. Cuis is a different system, but
not a different community. We will help and support any and all
initiatives to integrate stuff from Cuis into Squeak and other systems.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich