Cuis on Samsung ARM Chromebook

KenDickey
Hello all,

My old HP Netbook died and I have been looking for an inexpensive (a.k.a. cheap) ARM based laptop.  I got the Samsung Chromebook refurbished for $175 US!

I was able to install ChrUbuntu and have Cuis limping along on the Raspberry Pi SqueakVM until I can figure out how to compile a vm from sources.  I am still wrestling with the cmake build configuration.

A bit slow and some bugs, but it is amazing that the RasPi VM works out of the box.  Among other things, RasPi is ARM6 and Samsung Chromebook is ARM7.

Not much time to apply to this, so don't expect rapid progress.

Still, pretty cool to have Cuis up on an ARM based netbook!

Cheers,
-KenD

Screenshot from 2014-06-13 22_01_56.png (412K) Download Attachment
-KenD

Re: Cuis on Samsung ARM Chromebook

garduino
Nice!

I can't believe that you can buy a netbook by usd 175!!!

Cheers.

Hello all,

My old HP Netbook died and I have been looking for an inexpensive (a.k.a. cheap) ARM based laptop.  I got the Samsung Chromebook refurbished for $175 US!

I was able to install ChrUbuntu and have Cuis limping along on the Raspberry Pi SqueakVM until I can figure out how to compile a vm from sources.  I am still wrestling with the cmake build configuration.

A bit slow and some bugs, but it is amazing that the RasPi VM works out of the box.  Among other things, RasPi is ARM6 and Samsung Chromebook is ARM7.

Not much time to apply to this, so don't expect rapid progress.

Still, pretty cool to have Cuis up on an ARM based netbook!

Cheers,
-KenD

Saludos / Regards,
Germán Arduino
www.arduinosoftware.com

Re: Cuis on Samsung ARM Chromebook

KenDickey
On Sat, 14 Jun 2014 11:42:51 -0300
Germán Arduino <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I can't believe that you can buy a netbook by usd 175!!!

Got it on Amazon.

-KenD

-KenD