Current Versions?

Rob Rothwell
Ok...I am using a development image based on pharo0.1-10062dev08.09.1.image.  It is a 3.9 image that will run Magma r41g1, and seems a little snappier than the standard 3.9 image.

Anyway, I have managed to load

FFI3
ODBC
ODBCEnh
Magma r41g1 (with a little Monticello and Monticello configurations massaging)

My "Magma-ed" domain model is looking worth keeping (after 3 or 4 attempts!), and I am ready to start teaching my PatientEncounter field objects how to display themselves (a simple class method that will return a WebElement subclass of some form or another).

In the interest of helping out, which versions of Sport, Swazoo, and Aida should I try out, and should we put a "current development" link on the Aida downloads tab?

I tried that once, but let it get out of date.  What would be a good "trigger" to know that there is a reason to update the current development versions?  If we can answer that, I'd be happy to do so!

Take care,

Rob

Re: Current Versions?

Nicolas Petton
Le mardi 07 octobre 2008 à 18:15 -0400, Rob Rothwell a écrit :

> Ok...I am using a development image based
> on pharo0.1-10062dev08.09.1.image.  It is a 3.9 image that will run
> Magma r41g1, and seems a little snappier than the standard 3.9 image.
>

> Anyway, I have managed to load
>

> FFI3
> ODBC
> ODBCEnh
> Magma r41g1 (with a little Monticello and Monticello configurations
> massaging)

Hi Rob,

> My "Magma-ed" domain model is looking worth keeping (after 3 or 4
> attempts!), and I am ready to start teaching my PatientEncounter field
> objects how to display themselves (a simple class method that will
> return a WebElement subclass of some form or another).
Excellent :)

> In the interest of helping out, which versions of Sport, Swazoo, and
> Aida should I try out

If you want to use new features from dev versions, you can use AIDA 6.0
beta 1.

> should we put a "current development" link on the Aida downloads tab?

I would prefer not. Development versions are not for end users.
Sometimes it's just broken, or not usable (methods missing, etc), while
beta versions are tested and should work.

We released beta versions of Aida and Scribo, and there is a beta of
Swazoo too (see the bottom of the downloads page).

Cheers!

Nico

--
Nicolas Petton