Current state of activity

EuanM
Hi, I'm a newcomer to Cuis.

The main web-site was last updated in July 2013

How active is CUIS atm.?

Is it fair to characterise CUIS as a minimalist image for running on
top of the current latest Squeak VMs  e.g. Cog with Spur (and with the
Scorch and Sista upgrades once they are out?)

I'm looking to build Smalltalk apps to control, manage, set up and
distribute multi-platform mobile web-apps.

So what I'm looking for is a Smalltalk development environment and
development management environment
an http server and an https server
a multi-platform (Windows, Linux, MacOS) desktop GUI environment and
desktop GUI apps
a web framework

My ideal is a central desktop GUI app that can run from a Raspberry Pi
which is also running a webserver which hands out JS apps securely to
mobile devices.

I'm happy to with development work, or help backport necessary items
from Squeak/Pharo

Cheers,
     EuanM

Re: Current state of activity

Juan Vuletich-4
Hi Euan,

On 11/8/2015 1:18 PM, Euan Mee wrote:
> Hi, I'm a newcomer to Cuis.

Welcome!

> The main web-site was last updated in July 2013
>
> How active is CUIS atm.?

Quite. See
https://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev/graphs/contributors
. Mail lista rchives are at
http://forum.world.st/Cuis-Smalltalk-f4632260.html .

> Is it fair to characterise CUIS as a minimalist image for running on
> top of the current latest Squeak VMs  e.g. Cog with Spur (and with the
> Scorch and Sista upgrades once they are out?)

Yes. In any case, see
https://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev/blob/master/Documentation/GettingStarted-UsingGitAndCommandline.md
and sibling files .

> I'm looking to build Smalltalk apps to control, manage, set up and
> distribute multi-platform mobile web-apps.
>
> So what I'm looking for is a Smalltalk development environment and
> development management environment
> an http server and an https server
> a multi-platform (Windows, Linux, MacOS) desktop GUI environment and
> desktop GUI apps
> a web framework
>
> My ideal is a central desktop GUI app that can run from a Raspberry Pi
> which is also running a webserver which hands out JS apps securely to
> mobile devices.

Interesting! Please keep us posted.

> I'm happy to with development work, or help backport necessary items
> from Squeak/Pharo

Great. As you progress, you'll find out about stuff you need to develop
or port to Cuis. Contributions to the base image, or optional packages
are all welcome (please remember that to be added to the main GitHub
Cuis repo, all code needs to be MIT). Besides, here on the mail list,
you can discuss any issues, ask for opinions or advice, or for existing
code, etc.

> Cheers,
>       EuanM

Cheers,