Custom CMS

Edgard Dunord
Dear all,

I'm a Pier noob user, but I know ST and I want to build a custom CMS based on Pier.

The main goal is the implementation of a customized interface CMS for my little enterprise, but without the complexity of Pier (yes, I know, it's not realy the case, but...) and with a minimal set of functionality, like an author interface with just Add, delete, modify page commands and, e.g. a view commands to... directly view the result...

So I'm lost into the general structure, how to remove things, add personnal components, etc... So I plan to build step by step:

1. An admin page

1.1. with basics commands 'à la CMS Box'
1.2. Add layout and templates, etc...

2. An author page
2.1 Just edit/add/modify pages
2.2...

3. Public Site

I don't know where or what I can modify into the code, into the objects, etc... And yes, I'm a little bit lost...
Please heeeeelp meeee !!

PS: I use Pharo 1.3 with ConfigurationOfSeaside and Pier2 scripts and manualy a set of commands like "PRPierFrame registerAsApplication: 'pier' kernel: (PRKernel named: 'mykernel')."...

Ed.

Re: Custom CMS

Lukas Renggli
> PS: I use Pharo 1.3 with ConfigurationOfSeaside and Pier2 scripts and
> manualy a set of commands like "PRPierFrame registerAsApplication: 'pier'
> kernel: (PRKernel named: 'mykernel')."...

You might want to use PRDistribution (from the package Pier-Setup) or
one of its sub-classes, because this creates you a kernel that is
already pre-configured in most parts.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli