Custom VM with(out) NB

Torsten Bergmann
I played with building a custom windows VM last night (setting up
all the tools, ...) to see how well it goes these days.

I generated an own one by subclassing CogWindowsConfig
and got the final executable after building. Still this default
VM did not have NativeBoost.

I used https://gitorious.org/cogvm/blessed which I thought is
the usual source for the Pharo VM for 2.0.

Will I require "NativeBoost-CogPlugin"?

This is not loaded in the generator image which I grabbed using
"newImage.sh" (currently pointing to https://ci.inria.fr/pharo/job/Cog-Git-Tracker/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/vmmaker-image.zip")

Thanks
T.

Re: Custom VM with(out) NB

Igor Stasenko
On 15 March 2013 12:11, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I played with building a custom windows VM last night (setting up
> all the tools, ...) to see how well it goes these days.
>
> I generated an own one by subclassing CogWindowsConfig
> and got the final executable after building. Still this default
> VM did not have NativeBoost.

For pharo vm we're using new configs:
PharoOSXConfig
PharoUnixConfig
PharoWindowsConfig

so if you want to build 'same as pharo' vm but with own
customizations, subclass from one of those.

> I used https://gitorious.org/cogvm/blessed which I thought is
> the usual source for the Pharo VM for 2.0.

Yes.

> Will I require "NativeBoost-CogPlugin"?
>
> This is not loaded in the generator image which I grabbed using
> "newImage.sh" (currently pointing to https://ci.inria.fr/pharo/job/Cog-Git-Tracker/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/vmmaker-image.zip")

Can't be. It is there. Just checked.

To generate sources, we now using a simple single entry point:
PharoVMBuilder build.

If you wanna look for details, what configurations it using, check it.
It is plain simple.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.