Custom type inference and RoelTyper

Peter Uhnak
Hi,

Moose/FAMIX uses RoelTyper for type inference, how this does not seem to be maintained (last version 2013), and for my purposes is lacking.

So do we have something more advanced, even at the expense of speed?

Other alternative would be to either extend RoelTyper or write something custom that would be ran alongside RoelTyper.

Examples of such extensions would be extracting the type from meta-annotations and the actual argument names. (e.g. if an argument is named aString, I can safely assume that it will be String).

Thanks,
Peter

Re: [Pharo-users] Custom type inference and RoelTyper

abergel
Hi Peter!

I am currently working on gradual typing for Pharo.
I hope to have something ready for public consumption soon...

Alexandre

> On Sep 30, 2015, at 8:28 PM, Peter Uhnak <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Moose/FAMIX uses RoelTyper for type inference, how this does not seem to be maintained (last version 2013), and for my purposes is lacking.
>
> So do we have something more advanced, even at the expense of speed?
>
> Other alternative would be to either extend RoelTyper or write something custom that would be ran alongside RoelTyper.
>
> Examples of such extensions would be extracting the type from meta-annotations and the actual argument names. (e.g. if an argument is named aString, I can safely assume that it will be String).
>
> Thanks,
> Peter

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: [Pharo-users] Custom type inference and RoelTyper

Tudor Girba-2
Great news :)

Doru

On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 9:31 PM, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Peter!

I am currently working on gradual typing for Pharo.
I hope to have something ready for public consumption soon...

Alexandre

> On Sep 30, 2015, at 8:28 PM, Peter Uhnak <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Moose/FAMIX uses RoelTyper for type inference, how this does not seem to be maintained (last version 2013), and for my purposes is lacking.
>
> So do we have something more advanced, even at the expense of speed?
>
> Other alternative would be to either extend RoelTyper or write something custom that would be ran alongside RoelTyper.
>
> Examples of such extensions would be extracting the type from meta-annotations and the actual argument names. (e.g. if an argument is named aString, I can safely assume that it will be String).
>
> Thanks,
> Peter

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Custom type inference and RoelTyper

stepharo
We should check it again.
Now the language did not change recently so may be some glitches appeared due to ast changes.

Le 30/9/15 20:28, Peter Uhnak a écrit :
Hi,

Moose/FAMIX uses RoelTyper for type inference, how this does not seem to be maintained (last version 2013), and for my purposes is lacking.

So do we have something more advanced, even at the expense of speed?

Other alternative would be to either extend RoelTyper or write something custom that would be ran alongside RoelTyper.

Examples of such extensions would be extracting the type from meta-annotations and the actual argument names. (e.g. if an argument is named aString, I can safely assume that it will be String).

Thanks,
Peter

Re: Custom type inference and RoelTyper

stepharo
RIght now I'm focusing on the mooc and the tutorial around the web stack.
All the rest is low priority.