Customizable EyeSee chart

Andre Hora
Hello,

I created a simple application using EyeSee, Customizable EyeSee chart, where you can set the metrics you want to see (similar to Customizable System Complexity) in a chart.
The x axis shows individual entities (a FAMIXClass, a FAMIXPakage, ...) or a group (MooseGroup) according to the granularity you set. The y axis shows the values of the metrics.

I you want to try, run the script below and then right-click in a MooseGroup -> Visualize -> Customizable EyeSee chart.

Gofer new
    squeaksource: 'Moose';
    package: 'Moose-EyeSeeCharts';
    load.

todo:
 - Allow multiple charts
 - Interaction.

regards,

--
Andre Hora

Customizable EyeSee chart.png (76K) Download Attachment

Re: Customizable EyeSee chart

Tudor Girba-2
Good job, Andre! :)

Cheers,
Doru

On 10 Jun 2011, at 15:06, Andre Hora wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I created a simple application using EyeSee, Customizable EyeSee chart, where you can set the metrics you want to see (similar to Customizable System Complexity) in a chart.
> The x axis shows individual entities (a FAMIXClass, a FAMIXPakage, ...) or a group (MooseGroup) according to the granularity you set. The y axis shows the values of the metrics.
>
> I you want to try, run the script below and then right-click in a MooseGroup -> Visualize -> Customizable EyeSee chart.
>
> Gofer new
>     squeaksource: 'Moose';
>     package: 'Moose-EyeSeeCharts';
>     load.
>
> todo:
>  - Allow multiple charts
>  - Interaction.
>
> regards,
>
> --
> Andre Hora
>
> <Customizable EyeSee chart.png>_______________________________________________

www.tudorgirba.com

"From an abstract enough point of view, any two things are similar."

Re: Customizable EyeSee chart

abergel
Looks really cool!
Excellent

Alexandre

On 10 Jun 2011, at 09:06, Andre Hora wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I created a simple application using EyeSee, Customizable EyeSee chart, where you can set the metrics you want to see (similar to Customizable System Complexity) in a chart.
> The x axis shows individual entities (a FAMIXClass, a FAMIXPakage, ...) or a group (MooseGroup) according to the granularity you set. The y axis shows the values of the metrics.
>
> I you want to try, run the script below and then right-click in a MooseGroup -> Visualize -> Customizable EyeSee chart.
>
> Gofer new
>     squeaksource: 'Moose';
>     package: 'Moose-EyeSeeCharts';
>     load.
>
> todo:
>  - Allow multiple charts
>  - Interaction.
>
> regards,
>
> --
> Andre Hora
>
> <Customizable EyeSee chart.png>_______________________________________________

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Customizable EyeSee chart

I added andre to add a simple 'favorites' list too :)

On Jun 10, 2011, at 3:11 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Good job, Andre! :)
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 10 Jun 2011, at 15:06, Andre Hora wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I created a simple application using EyeSee, Customizable EyeSee chart, where you can set the metrics you want to see (similar to Customizable System Complexity) in a chart.
>> The x axis shows individual entities (a FAMIXClass, a FAMIXPakage, ...) or a group (MooseGroup) according to the granularity you set. The y axis shows the values of the metrics.
>>
>> I you want to try, run the script below and then right-click in a MooseGroup -> Visualize -> Customizable EyeSee chart.
>>
>> Gofer new
>>    squeaksource: 'Moose';
>>    package: 'Moose-EyeSeeCharts';
>>    load.
>>
>> todo:
>> - Allow multiple charts
>> - Interaction.
>>
>> regards,
>>
>> --
>> Andre Hora
>>
>> <Customizable EyeSee chart.png>_______________________________________________

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "From an abstract enough point of view, any two things are similar."

Re: Customizable EyeSee chart

Andre Hora
Hello,

I added the support to interaction to Customizable EyeSee chart (also added the interaction ESAnnouncer>>menuMorphBlock: in EyeSee).
Now it is possible to right-click on the bars and navigate like Moose entities.

regards,

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 4:28 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
I added andre to add a simple 'favorites' list too :)

On Jun 10, 2011, at 3:11 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Good job, Andre! :)
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 10 Jun 2011, at 15:06, Andre Hora wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I created a simple application using EyeSee, Customizable EyeSee chart, where you can set the metrics you want to see (similar to Customizable System Complexity) in a chart.
>> The x axis shows individual entities (a FAMIXClass, a FAMIXPakage, ...) or a group (MooseGroup) according to the granularity you set. The y axis shows the values of the metrics.
>>
>> I you want to try, run the script below and then right-click in a MooseGroup -> Visualize -> Customizable EyeSee chart.
>>
>> Gofer new
>>    squeaksource: 'Moose';
>>    package: 'Moose-EyeSeeCharts';
>>    load.
>>
>> todo:
>> - Allow multiple charts
>> - Interaction.
>>
>> regards,
>>
>> --
>> Andre Hora
>>
>> <Customizable EyeSee chart.png>_______________________________________________

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "From an abstract enough point of view, any two things are similar."

Andre Hora

Re: Customizable EyeSee chart

Tudor Girba-2
Thanks!

Doru

On 15 Jun 2011, at 21:50, Andre Hora wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I added the support to interaction to Customizable EyeSee chart (also added the interaction ESAnnouncer>>menuMorphBlock: in EyeSee).
> Now it is possible to right-click on the bars and navigate like Moose entities.
>
> regards,
>
> On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 4:28 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I added andre to add a simple 'favorites' list too :)
>
> On Jun 10, 2011, at 3:11 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
> > Good job, Andre! :)
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Doru
> >

> > On 10 Jun 2011, at 15:06, Andre Hora wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I created a simple application using EyeSee, Customizable EyeSee chart, where you can set the metrics you want to see (similar to Customizable System Complexity) in a chart.
> >> The x axis shows individual entities (a FAMIXClass, a FAMIXPakage, ...) or a group (MooseGroup) according to the granularity you set. The y axis shows the values of the metrics.
> >>
> >> I you want to try, run the script below and then right-click in a MooseGroup -> Visualize -> Customizable EyeSee chart.
> >>
> >> Gofer new
> >>    squeaksource: 'Moose';
> >>    package: 'Moose-EyeSeeCharts';
> >>    load.
> >>
> >> todo:
> >> - Allow multiple charts
> >> - Interaction.
> >>
> >> regards,
> >>
> >> --
> >> Andre Hora
> >>
> >> <Customizable EyeSee chart.png>_______________________________________________
> >
> > --
> > www.tudorgirba.com
> >
> > "From an abstract enough point of view, any two things are similar."

> Andre Hora

www.tudorgirba.com

"Beauty is where we see it."

Re: Customizable EyeSee chart

abergel
Cool!

Alexandre

On 15 Jun 2011, at 15:50, Andre Hora wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I added the support to interaction to Customizable EyeSee chart (also added the interaction ESAnnouncer>>menuMorphBlock: in EyeSee).
> Now it is possible to right-click on the bars and navigate like Moose entities.
>
> regards,
>
> On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 4:28 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I added andre to add a simple 'favorites' list too :)
>
> On Jun 10, 2011, at 3:11 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
> > Good job, Andre! :)
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Doru
> >

> > On 10 Jun 2011, at 15:06, Andre Hora wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I created a simple application using EyeSee, Customizable EyeSee chart, where you can set the metrics you want to see (similar to Customizable System Complexity) in a chart.
> >> The x axis shows individual entities (a FAMIXClass, a FAMIXPakage, ...) or a group (MooseGroup) according to the granularity you set. The y axis shows the values of the metrics.
> >>
> >> I you want to try, run the script below and then right-click in a MooseGroup -> Visualize -> Customizable EyeSee chart.
> >>
> >> Gofer new
> >>    squeaksource: 'Moose';
> >>    package: 'Moose-EyeSeeCharts';
> >>    load.
> >>
> >> todo:
> >> - Allow multiple charts
> >> - Interaction.
> >>
> >> regards,
> >>
> >> --
> >> Andre Hora
> >>
> >> <Customizable EyeSee chart.png>_______________________________________________
> >
> > --
> > www.tudorgirba.com
> >
> > "From an abstract enough point of view, any two things are similar."

> Andre Hora

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Customizable EyeSee chart

Tudor Girba-2
Hi Andre,

Please add the Moose-EyeSeeCharts package to ConfigurationOfMoose>>coreDefault:

Cheers,
Doru

On 15 Jun 2011, at 21:50, Andre Hora wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I added the support to interaction to Customizable EyeSee chart (also added the interaction ESAnnouncer>>menuMorphBlock: in EyeSee).
> Now it is possible to right-click on the bars and navigate like Moose entities.
>
> regards,
>
> On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 4:28 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I added andre to add a simple 'favorites' list too :)
>
> On Jun 10, 2011, at 3:11 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
> > Good job, Andre! :)
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Doru
> >

> > On 10 Jun 2011, at 15:06, Andre Hora wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I created a simple application using EyeSee, Customizable EyeSee chart, where you can set the metrics you want to see (similar to Customizable System Complexity) in a chart.
> >> The x axis shows individual entities (a FAMIXClass, a FAMIXPakage, ...) or a group (MooseGroup) according to the granularity you set. The y axis shows the values of the metrics.
> >>
> >> I you want to try, run the script below and then right-click in a MooseGroup -> Visualize -> Customizable EyeSee chart.
> >>
> >> Gofer new
> >>    squeaksource: 'Moose';
> >>    package: 'Moose-EyeSeeCharts';
> >>    load.
> >>
> >> todo:
> >> - Allow multiple charts
> >> - Interaction.
> >>
> >> regards,
> >>
> >> --
> >> Andre Hora
> >>
> >> <Customizable EyeSee chart.png>_______________________________________________
> >
> > --
> > www.tudorgirba.com
> >
> > "From an abstract enough point of view, any two things are similar."

> Andre Hora

www.tudorgirba.com

"Value is always contextual."

Re: Customizable EyeSee chart

Andre Hora
Sure, done!

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 1:06 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Andre,

Please add the Moose-EyeSeeCharts package to ConfigurationOfMoose>>coreDefault:

Cheers,
Doru

On 15 Jun 2011, at 21:50, Andre Hora wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I added the support to interaction to Customizable EyeSee chart (also added the interaction ESAnnouncer>>menuMorphBlock: in EyeSee).
> Now it is possible to right-click on the bars and navigate like Moose entities.
>
> regards,
>
> On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 4:28 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I added andre to add a simple 'favorites' list too :)
>
> On Jun 10, 2011, at 3:11 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
> > Good job, Andre! :)
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Doru
> >

> > On 10 Jun 2011, at 15:06, Andre Hora wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I created a simple application using EyeSee, Customizable EyeSee chart, where you can set the metrics you want to see (similar to Customizable System Complexity) in a chart.
> >> The x axis shows individual entities (a FAMIXClass, a FAMIXPakage, ...) or a group (MooseGroup) according to the granularity you set. The y axis shows the values of the metrics.
> >>
> >> I you want to try, run the script below and then right-click in a MooseGroup -> Visualize -> Customizable EyeSee chart.
> >>
> >> Gofer new
> >>    squeaksource: 'Moose';
> >>    package: 'Moose-EyeSeeCharts';
> >>    load.
> >>
> >> todo:
> >> - Allow multiple charts
> >> - Interaction.
> >>
> >> regards,
> >>
> >> --
> >> Andre Hora
> >>
> >> <Customizable EyeSee chart.png>_______________________________________________
> >
> > --
> > www.tudorgirba.com
> >
> > "From an abstract enough point of view, any two things are similar."

> Andre Hora

www.tudorgirba.com

"Value is always contextual."

Andre Hora

Re: Customizable EyeSee chart

Andre Hora
Hello,

I updated the Customizable EyeSee chart.
Now it is possible to compare two metris in y axis and to use the vertical bar or line charts. I think it can be useful to answer simple questions without need write code, as we can see in figures attached.

regards,

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 2:15 PM, Andre Hora <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sure, done!

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 1:06 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Andre,

Please add the Moose-EyeSeeCharts package to ConfigurationOfMoose>>coreDefault:

Cheers,
Doru

On 15 Jun 2011, at 21:50, Andre Hora wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I added the support to interaction to Customizable EyeSee chart (also added the interaction ESAnnouncer>>menuMorphBlock: in EyeSee).
> Now it is possible to right-click on the bars and navigate like Moose entities.
>
> regards,
>
> On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 4:28 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I added andre to add a simple 'favorites' list too :)
>
> On Jun 10, 2011, at 3:11 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
> > Good job, Andre! :)
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Doru
> >

> > On 10 Jun 2011, at 15:06, Andre Hora wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I created a simple application using EyeSee, Customizable EyeSee chart, where you can set the metrics you want to see (similar to Customizable System Complexity) in a chart.
> >> The x axis shows individual entities (a FAMIXClass, a FAMIXPakage, ...) or a group (MooseGroup) according to the granularity you set. The y axis shows the values of the metrics.
> >>
> >> I you want to try, run the script below and then right-click in a MooseGroup -> Visualize -> Customizable EyeSee chart.
> >>
> >> Gofer new
> >>    squeaksource: 'Moose';
> >>    package: 'Moose-EyeSeeCharts';
> >>    load.
> >>
> >> todo:
> >> - Allow multiple charts
> >> - Interaction.
> >>
> >> regards,
> >>
> >> --
> >> Andre Hora
> >>
> >> <Customizable EyeSee chart.png>_______________________________________________
> >
> > --
> > www.tudorgirba.com
> >
> > "From an abstract enough point of view, any two things are similar."

> Andre Hora

www.tudorgirba.com

"Value is always contextual."

Andre Hora

--
Andre Hora

abstracness.png (27K) Download Attachment
afferent x efferent.png (31K) Download Attachment
fanOut and fanIn are not proportional.png (20K) Download Attachment
linesOfCode and comments are proportional.png (16K) Download Attachment
String is the bigest class in Collection.png (12K) Download Attachment

Re: Customizable EyeSee chart

abergel
Looks excellent!

Alexandre