Customize header and navigation bar

Rob Rothwell
Can somebody point me in the right direction to create a custom header (my own logo, for example) and navigation bar (to my "sub-applications") for my application?

I think I will be using one of the WebStyle>>pageFrameWith:title: methods, but I just don't quite get it yet.

A related question is how you create links to other separate "applications" within your "primary" application?  Do you have to create a separate site for each one, or simply create links to their domain objects and set the preferred url?  I have tried this with the tab control, and can only seem to go "one way."  That is, I can get to another application, but can't seem to link back to the first one.

In particular I will have many singleton objects for my application (many "worklists" representing grouped accounts that will not change regardless of who is looking at them) that I would want to link to from a standard navigation bar.

These are hard questions to ask in an email!

Thanks,

Rob

Re: Customize header and navigation bar

Nicolas Petton

Le vendredi 07 mars 2008 à 10:09 -0500, Rob Rothwell a écrit :
> Can somebody point me in the right direction to create a custom header
> (my own logo, for example) and navigation bar (to my
> "sub-applications") for my application?

You should make a subclass of WebStyle, and look at navBar* methods, and
navigationBarElement.

For the header, look at headerElement.

Then change the styleClass with:
(AidaSite named: 'foo') styleClass: #MyWebStyle

I hope this helps,

Nico

> I think I will be using one of the WebStyle>>pageFrameWith:title:
> methods, but I just don't quite get it yet.

Nicolas Petton
http://nico.bioskop.fr
            ___
          ooooooo
         OOOOOOOOO
        |Smalltalk|
         OOOOOOOOO
          ooooooo
           \   /
            [|]

Re: Customize header and navigation bar

Rob Rothwell
Thanks...I'll give this a try...!

Rob

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 3:19 PM, Nicolas Petton <[hidden email]> wrote:

Le vendredi 07 mars 2008 à 10:09 -0500, Rob Rothwell a écrit :
> Can somebody point me in the right direction to create a custom header
> (my own logo, for example) and navigation bar (to my
> "sub-applications") for my application?

You should make a subclass of WebStyle, and look at navBar* methods, and
navigationBarElement.

For the header, look at headerElement.

Then change the styleClass with:
(AidaSite named: 'foo') styleClass: #MyWebStyle

I hope this helps,

Nico

> I think I will be using one of the WebStyle>>pageFrameWith:title:
> methods, but I just don't quite get it yet.

Nicolas Petton
http://nico.bioskop.fr
           ___
         ooooooo
        OOOOOOOOO
       |Smalltalk|
        OOOOOOOOO
         ooooooo
          \   /
           [|]
Ma clé PGP est disponible ici :
http://nico.bioskop.fr/pgp-key.html

--
The foolish reject what they see, not what they think; the wise reject what they think, not what they see.  -- Huang Po