Customizing smalltalk mode for emacs

Mathieu Suen-2
Hi,

I am trying to customize the color of smalltalk mode.
So I was wondering what is the function in smalltalk-mode.el
to do that?

Thanks

-Mathieu

Re: Customizing smalltalk mode for emacs

Paolo Bonzini-2
On 05/13/2010 01:02 PM, Mathieu Suen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to customize the color of smalltalk mode.
> So I was wondering what is the function in smalltalk-mode.el
> to do that?

You do not need to modify smalltalk-mode.el, you can use simply the
default Smalltalk fonts.  Try "Customize Faces matching Regex" and
specify ^font-lock- as the regex.

By the way, one trick with Emacs mode is that if you're editing
new-syntax files "!" will jump past a method or class's closing bracket.
  That sounds a bit crazy, but it's actually very useful combined with
the method templates "C-c t p/c/i".

Paolo

Re: Customizing smalltalk mode for emacs

Mathieu Suen-2
Yeap :) I have notice that for "!" key when I was trying to add the shebang.
I have made a patch for the smalltalk-mode to enable customization of the binding.
so now you can do:
M-x customize-variable RET smalltalk-next-block

See the attach file.

        Mth

smalltalk-mode.patch (1K) Download Attachment

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 16:45, Mathieu Suen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Yeap :) I have notice that for "!" key when I was trying to add the shebang.

Ah, that's a bug.  In theory it should find that it's not in a "new
syntax" block.  But it misses the shebang apparently.

> I have made a patch for the smalltalk-mode to enable customization of the binding.
> so now you can do:
> M-x customize-variable RET smalltalk-next-block
>
> See the attach file.

Thanks!