[D3] Deploying apps

Tim Cogher
Dear all,

    Just how do you deploy an application. I cannot find the wizard that is
supposed to do this. It's driving me bonkers!!!!!!

Cheers, Tim Cogher.

Re: [D3] Deploying apps

Bill Schwab-2
Tim,

>     Just how do you deploy an application. I cannot find the wizard that
is
> supposed to do this. It's driving me bonkers!!!!!!

Go to the package browser, right click on the package, and choose "Deploy to
executable...".  It also appears, at least in 3.06, as the "Deployment
Wizard" in the Dolphin's system folder.

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: [D3] Deploying apps

Andy Bower
Tim,

> >     Just how do you deploy an application. I cannot find the wizard that
> is
> > supposed to do this. It's driving me bonkers!!!!!!
>
> Go to the package browser, right click on the package, and choose "Deploy
> executable...".  It also appears, at least in 3.06, as the "Deployment
> Wizard" in the Dolphin's system folder.

You need to have purchased the ADK (Application Deployment Kit) for this to
work, of course.

Best regards,

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support
http://www.object-arts.com

---
Visit the Dolphin Smalltalk Wiki Web
http://www.object-arts.com/wiki/html/Dolphin/FrontPage.htm
---

Re: [D3] Deploying apps

Bill Schwab-2
Andy,

> You need to have purchased the ADK (Application Deployment Kit) for this
> work, of course.

Good point - it's also necessary to install the ADK and then load the
package.

I _think_ that's everything :)

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: [D3] Deploying apps

Tim Cogher
Thanks for the advice, however I have purchased the ADK and I still cannot
get the thing to deploy.
Apparently the system does not understand #deploy.

Any ideas???

Cheers,  Tim Cogher.

"Bill Schwab" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:92vnrd$82jdc$[hidden email]...

> Andy,
>
> > You need to have purchased the ADK (Application Deployment Kit) for this
> > work, of course.
>
> Good point - it's also necessary to install the ADK and then load the
> package.
>
> I _think_ that's everything :)
>
> Have a good one,
>
> Bill
>
> --
> Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: [D3] Deploying apps

Bill Schwab-2
Tim,

> Thanks for the advice, however I have purchased the ADK and I still cannot
> get the thing to deploy.
> Apparently the system does not understand #deploy.
>
> Any ideas???

Have you installed the ADK _and_ then loaded the Application Deployment Kit
package using the package manager?  If so, please post a relevant callstack
from your errors file.   I'm also wondering whether you have the correct
version of the ADK for the particular release of Dolphin.

It really does work, so we'll get to the bottom of it.

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: [D3] Deploying apps

Tim Cogher
Bill,

    I cannot find the ADK to install it. I have Dolphin 3.06 which I
purchased on October 13 2000. I had downloaded Dolphin993Setup.exe and
having installed it with the unlocking password I set to work to write a
little testing program and then deploy it. I have been very frustrated
attempting to find the ADK either inside my system or on the Dolphin
Smalltalk web site. Is it a seperate package from the downloaded file I have
or do I simply have to look harder. I hope it is not an intelligence test
for potential Dolphin users or I have failed miserably!!

Best wishes,

    Tim Cogher

Re: [D3] Deploying apps

Blair McGlashan
Tim

You wrote in message
news:aV%56.61317$[hidden email]...
>     I cannot find the ADK to install it. I have Dolphin 3.06 which I
> purchased on October 13 2000. I had downloaded Dolphin993Setup.exe and
> having installed it with the unlocking password I set to work to write a
> little testing program and then deploy it. I have been very frustrated
> attempting to find the ADK either inside my system or on the Dolphin
> Smalltalk web site. Is it a seperate package from the downloaded file I
have
> or do I simply have to look harder. I hope it is not an intelligence test
> for potential Dolphin users or I have failed miserably!!

It is a separate package, and indeed has a separate installation. D3 used a
"cafeteria" pricing system, whereby one could choose from a menu of add-on
packages. The ADK was one of these add-ons. In contrast D4 is more
conventionally sold at different "levels", Value, Standard and Professional.
The 4.0 ADK is part of the Pro edition and is not available for separate
purchase.

If you have purchased only the base Dolphin 3.06 system (and from our
records, that would appear to be the case), then you don't have a license
for the ADK, sorry. Furthermore the basic Dolphin 3 system was not licensed
with the right to distribute applications. The Value and Standard Dolphin 4
systems are licensed with the right to distribute applications, but do not
have any tool support for building executables.

Regards

Blair McGlashan
Object Arts Ltd