D5 Education Centre?

Paul Hudson
Any update on this? I'd really like some reference material to
read...

Re: D5 Education Centre?

Kirk W. Fraser
> Any update on this? I'd really like some reference material
> to read...

I checked with Andy Bower who says they are working on it but until it's
ready see the documentation on V.4 at:

http://www.object-arts.com/Lib/EducationCentre4/htm/helpcontents1.htm

Re: D5 Education Centre?

Andy Bower
Paul, Kirk,

> > Any update on this? I'd really like some reference material
> > to read...
>
> I checked with Andy Bower who says they are working on it but until it's
> ready see the documentation on V.4 at:
>
> http://www.object-arts.com/Lib/EducationCentre4/htm/helpcontents1.htm

As Kirk says, there is D4 documentation available at the above link. The new
documents will be basically the same but after having been brought up to
date for the new tools in D5. There will, however, be an additional section
on developing with COM and Dolphin 5.

Best Regards,

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support
http://www.object-arts.com
---
Are you trying too hard?
http://www.object-arts.com/Relax.htm
---

Re: D5 Education Centre?

Paul Hudson
"Andy Bower" <[hidden email]> wrote in
news:aeilpb$7ch2n$[hidden email]:

> The new
> documents will be basically the same but after having been
> brought up to date for the new tools in D5. There will,
> however, be an additional section on developing with COM
> and Dolphin 5.

That's certainly better than nothing, but I had hoped the delay
in the arrival of the D5 doc was because more substantial
documentation changes were happening. There's certainly room
for a lot more reference material...

P.

Re: D5 Education Centre?

Kirk W. Fraser
Andy, Paul,

> > The new documents will be basically the same but after
> > having been brought up to date for the new tools in D5.
>
> That's certainly better than nothing, but I had hoped the delay
> in the arrival of the D5 doc was because more substantial
> documentation changes were happening. There's certainly room
> for a lot more reference material...

Amen!  Take a look at the Dev Guide at
http://www.creative-computing-inc.com
for a good standard level of documentation.

The best language and tools mean only as much as
the users understand.

Kirk