D5 crashes fatally when Tools+ is installed.

D5 crashes fatally when Tools+ is installed.

Costas
I installed Tools+ and saved image. When I started D5 I get the
following. I have no way of recovering and had to reinstall D5. This
could be serious if someone does not have a backup.

Costas

8:37:35 PM, Monday, May 20, 2002: '''sswtools'' (16r7E: The specified
module could not be found.)'
SSWToolsLibrary class(ExternalLibrary class)>>load:flags:
SSWToolsLibrary(ExternalLibrary)>>basicOpen:
SSWToolsLibrary(ExternalLibrary)>>open:
SSWToolsLibrary(ExternalLibrary)>>open
SSWToolsLibrary(ExternalLibrary)>>asParameter
Icon>>loadFromInstance:
Icon(Image)>>createHandle
Icon>>createHandle
Icon(GraphicsTool)>>basicRealize
Icon(GraphicsTool)>>realize
Icon(GraphicsTool)>>handle
Icon(GraphicsTool)>>asParameter
WinImageList>>addIcon:
Icon>>addToImageList:mask:
[] in IconImageManager(ImageManager)>>addImage:maskcolor:
LookupTable>>do:
[] in IconImageManager(ImageManager)>>addImage:maskcolor:
[] in LookupTable(Dictionary)>>at:ifAbsentPut:
LookupTable>>at:ifAbsent:
LookupTable(Dictionary)>>at:ifAbsentPut:
IconImageManager(ImageManager)>>addImage:maskcolor:
IconImageManager(ImageManager)>>addImage:
IconImageManager(ImageManager)>>indexOfImage:
Icon>>imageIndex
IconicListAbstract class>>value:
ListView>>imageFromRow:
ListView>>onDisplayDetailsRequired:
ListView(IconicListAbstract)>>nmGetDispInfo:
ListView>>nmNotify:
ShellView(View)>>wmNotify:wParam:lParam:
ShellView(View)>>dispatchMessage:wParam:lParam:
[] in InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
ProcessorScheduler>>callback:evaluate:
InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
ListView(ControlView)>>defaultWindowProcessing:wParam:lParam:
ListView(ControlView)>>wmPaint:wParam:lParam:
ListView(View)>>dispatchMessage:wParam:lParam:
[] in InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
ProcessorScheduler>>callback:evaluate:
InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
InputState>>pumpMessage:
InputState>>loopWhile:
InputState>>mainLoop
[] in InputState>>forkMain
ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>markAndTry
[] in ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>try:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
BlockClosure>>ensure:

Re: D5 crashes fatally when Tools+ is installed.

Don Rylander-2
Costas,
"Costas" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> I installed Tools+ and saved image. When I started D5 I get the
> following. I have no way of recovering and had to reinstall D5. This
> could be serious if someone does not have a backup.
I had the same problem, but it's pretty simple to fix: just make sure the
sswtools DLL goes into the same Program Files subdirectory as the Dolphin 5
EXE.

HTH,

Don

> Costas
>
> 8:37:35 PM, Monday, May 20, 2002: '''sswtools'' (16r7E: The specified
> module could not be found.)'
> SSWToolsLibrary class(ExternalLibrary class)>>load:flags:
> SSWToolsLibrary(ExternalLibrary)>>basicOpen:
> SSWToolsLibrary(ExternalLibrary)>>open:
> SSWToolsLibrary(ExternalLibrary)>>open
> SSWToolsLibrary(ExternalLibrary)>>asParameter
> Icon>>loadFromInstance:
> Icon(Image)>>createHandle
> Icon>>createHandle
> Icon(GraphicsTool)>>basicRealize
> Icon(GraphicsTool)>>realize
> Icon(GraphicsTool)>>handle
> Icon(GraphicsTool)>>asParameter
> WinImageList>>addIcon:
> Icon>>addToImageList:mask:
> [] in IconImageManager(ImageManager)>>addImage:maskcolor:
> LookupTable>>do:
> [] in IconImageManager(ImageManager)>>addImage:maskcolor:
> [] in LookupTable(Dictionary)>>at:ifAbsentPut:
> LookupTable>>at:ifAbsent:
> LookupTable(Dictionary)>>at:ifAbsentPut:
> IconImageManager(ImageManager)>>addImage:maskcolor:
> IconImageManager(ImageManager)>>addImage:
> IconImageManager(ImageManager)>>indexOfImage:
> Icon>>imageIndex
> IconicListAbstract class>>value:
> ListView>>imageFromRow:
> ListView>>onDisplayDetailsRequired:
> ListView(IconicListAbstract)>>nmGetDispInfo:
> ListView>>nmNotify:
> ShellView(View)>>wmNotify:wParam:lParam:
> ShellView(View)>>dispatchMessage:wParam:lParam:
> [] in InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
> BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
> ProcessorScheduler>>callback:evaluate:
> InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
> ListView(ControlView)>>defaultWindowProcessing:wParam:lParam:
> ListView(ControlView)>>wmPaint:wParam:lParam:
> ListView(View)>>dispatchMessage:wParam:lParam:
> [] in InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
> BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
> ProcessorScheduler>>callback:evaluate:
> InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
> InputState>>pumpMessage:
> InputState>>loopWhile:
> InputState>>mainLoop
> [] in InputState>>forkMain
> ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>markAndTry
> [] in ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>try:
> BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
> BlockClosure>>ensure:

Re: D5 crashes fatally when Tools+ is installed.

John Aspinall-2
Thanks for pointing this out Don.

This point is covered in the installation instructions in the Tools+ ReadMe
(the relevant section is below), but is now on the website also.

I've no objection to Tools+ queries being discussed here, but for the record
they can also be emailed direct to

[hidden email]

Thanks.

John Aspinall
Solutions Software

----
>From Tools+ ReadMe:

The sswtools.dll file should be placed in the Dolphin Smalltalk 5.0 program
directory (usually c:\program files\object arts\dolphin smalltalk 5.0).
----

Don Rylander <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:accbbq$oa11i$[hidden email]...
> Costas,
> "Costas" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
> news:[hidden email]...
> > I installed Tools+ and saved image. When I started D5 I get the
> > following. I have no way of recovering and had to reinstall D5. This
> > could be serious if someone does not have a backup.
> I had the same problem, but it's pretty simple to fix: just make sure the
> sswtools DLL goes into the same Program Files subdirectory as the Dolphin
5
> EXE.
>
> HTH,
>
> Don

Re: D5 crashes fatally when Tools+ is installed.

John Aspinall-2
[reposted, since the original doesn't seem to have made it to some news
servers]

Thanks for pointing this out Don.

This point is covered in the installation instructions in the Tools+ ReadMe
(the relevant section is below), but is now on the website also.

I've no objection to Tools+ queries being discussed here, but for the record
they can also be emailed direct to

[hidden email]

Thanks.

John Aspinall
Solutions Software

----
>From Tools+ ReadMe:

The sswtools.dll file should be placed in the Dolphin Smalltalk 5.0 program
directory (usually c:\program files\object arts\dolphin smalltalk 5.0).
----

Don Rylander <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:accbbq$oa11i$[hidden email]...
> Costas,
> "Costas" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
> news:[hidden email]...
> > I installed Tools+ and saved image. When I started D5 I get the
> > following. I have no way of recovering and had to reinstall D5. This
> > could be serious if someone does not have a backup.
> I had the same problem, but it's pretty simple to fix: just make sure the
> sswtools DLL goes into the same Program Files subdirectory as the Dolphin
5
> EXE.
>
> HTH,
>
> Don

Re: D5 crashes fatally when Tools+ is installed.

Costas
Fortunately I did not lose anything. But just as a suggestion.

1) Don't mix the license with installation instructions. I did not
read to the end of Readme  because that seemed to be a license file.
It says "SOLUTIONS SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT" at the very top. I
paged down once and it still is a license. So like a regular dumb
user, I simply Installed the .pac files.

2) If installing it other than in the folder you mention  will cause
serious problems you should mention it in the installation.

Also I meant to ask if there is any docs on how to use the classes.

Regards,

Costas

On Tue, 21 May 2002 10:18:39 +0100, "John Aspinall"
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>[reposted, since the original doesn't seem to have made it to some news
>servers]
>
>Thanks for pointing this out Don.
>
>This point is covered in the installation instructions in the Tools+ ReadMe
>(the relevant section is below), but is now on the website also.
>
>I've no objection to Tools+ queries being discussed here, but for the record
>they can also be emailed direct to
>
>[hidden email]
>
>Thanks.
>
>John Aspinall
>Solutions Software
>
>----
>From Tools+ ReadMe:
>
>The sswtools.dll file should be placed in the Dolphin Smalltalk 5.0 program
>directory (usually c:\program files\object arts\dolphin smalltalk 5.0).
>----
>

>Don Rylander <[hidden email]> wrote in message
>news:accbbq$oa11i$[hidden email]...
>> Costas,
>> "Costas" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
>> news:[hidden email]...
>> > I installed Tools+ and saved image. When I started D5 I get the
>> > following. I have no way of recovering and had to reinstall D5. This
>> > could be serious if someone does not have a backup.
>> I had the same problem, but it's pretty simple to fix: just make sure the
>> sswtools DLL goes into the same Program Files subdirectory as the Dolphin
>5
>> EXE.
>>
>> HTH,
>>
>> Don

Re: D5 crashes fatally when Tools+ is installed.

John Aspinall-2
Costas,

> 1) Don't mix the license with installation instructions.

But we all read licences in full don't we? ;-)

OK, the ReadMe now refers the reader to the end for installation
instructions.

> Also I meant to ask if there is any docs on how to use the classes.

Do you have any specific queries? Once installed, all Tools+ enhancements
are automaticallly activated. The website describes the various enhanced
functions; most should be readily visible since by and large they work
within the existing browsers. There's a longer section on Method Spies since
these are a new concept.

Best regards,

John Aspinall
Solutions Software