D6: Intermittent fault with System Browser

1 message Options

D6: Intermittent fault with System Browser

The Brave Sir Robin-2
I think I've  just just discovered an intermittent fault with the System
Browser (in an IdeaSpace).

If I am looking at the instance methods of a class with a lot of methods
and the method I'm looking is a method towards the bottom of the list then
select a class with only a few methods I sometimes get a walkback which
generates the following in the error log:

09:05:59, 01 December 2005: Unhandled exception - a NotFoundError('Not
found: 33')

ListView(Object)>>errorNotFound:
[] in ListView(ListControlView)>>objectFromHandle:
ListModel(SequenceableCollection)>>at:ifAbsent:
ListView(ListControlView)>>objectFromHandle:ifAbsent:
ListView(ListControlView)>>objectFromHandle:
[] in ListView(ListControlView)>>selections
[] in SequenceableCollection>>collect:
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>uncheckedFrom:to:keysAndValuesDo:
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>keysAndValuesDo:
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>collect:
ListView(ListControlView)>>selections
ListPresenter(SelectableItemsPresenter)>>selections
MethodBrowser(SelectableItemsPresenter)>>selections
MethodBrowser>>queryCommand:
DelegatingCommandPolicy(CommandPolicy)>>queryCommand:ofTarget:
[] in DelegatingCommandPolicy(CommandPolicy)>>queryCommand:
OrderedCollection>>do:
DelegatingCommandPolicy(CommandPolicy)>>queryCommand:
DelegatingCommandPolicy(CommandPolicy)>>query:
ToolbarIconButton(ToolbarButton)>>validateUserInterface:

Looks like the System Browser is trying to select a method in the list view
of the new class  with the index of the method I was looking at in the
previous class and as the newly selected class doesn't have that number of
methods it generates a walkback.

Cheers,

The Brave Sir Robin.
RUN AWAY !!!