DBXTalk/Garage: GAMySQLDriver#execute: raises exception when int field is NULL

DBXTalk/Garage: GAMySQLDriver#execute: raises exception when int field is NULL

mbratch

Hello

Not sure where else to post this. I have posted what looks like a bug in the GAMySQLDriver#execute: selector. Here is the bug report on tracker: https://github.com/guillep/DBXTalk/issues/8. But there is very, very little activity there or in the DBXTalk Google discussion group.

Is DBXTalk/Garage still considered a supported means of interfacing to an existing database (like MySQL or PostgreSQL)? If so, is there something I’m doing wrong as shown in the tracker post, or is there a known bug?

Thanks

-------
Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: DBXTalk/Garage: GAMySQLDriver#execute: raises exception when int field is NULL

stepharo

thanks mark

This is the right place! I will let guille or esteban reply

Stef

Le 11/6/16 à 23:20, Mark Bratcher a écrit :

Hello

Not sure where else to post this. I have posted what looks like a bug in the GAMySQLDriver#execute: selector. Here is the bug report on tracker: https://github.com/guillep/DBXTalk/issues/8. But there is very, very little activity there or in the DBXTalk Google discussion group.

Is DBXTalk/Garage still considered a supported means of interfacing to an existing database (like MySQL or PostgreSQL)? If so, is there something I’m doing wrong as shown in the tracker post, or is there a known bug?

Thanks

-------
Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: DBXTalk/Garage: GAMySQLDriver#execute: raises exception when int field is NULL

Esteban A. Maringolo
Hi Mark,

I tested it on a Linux host connecting to a server in Linux also, and
it doesn't fail.

I'll test it later in a Windows host.

Regards!
Esteban A. Maringolo

> Hello
>

> Not sure where else to post this. I have posted what looks like a bug in the
> GAMySQLDriver#execute: selector. Here is the bug report on tracker:
> https://github.com/guillep/DBXTalk/issues/8. But there is very, very little
> activity there or in the DBXTalk Google discussion group.
>

> Is DBXTalk/Garage still considered a supported means of interfacing to an
> existing database (like MySQL or PostgreSQL)? If so, is there something I’m
> doing wrong as shown in the tracker post, or is there a known bug?
>

> Thanks
>

> -------
> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: DBXTalk/Garage: GAMySQLDriver#execute: raises exception when int field is NULL

mbratch
Esteban

I think this is a versioning issue.

The installation instructions for DBXTalk/Garage show 0.1. I looked all
over the DBXTalk website, and the smalltalkhub.com location for the
package, but I couldn't find any listing of what version is the latest
to use.

Do you know what the latest version is I should pull?

Thanks

Mark

On 6/13/2016 12:06 PM, Esteban A. Maringolo wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> I tested it on a Linux host connecting to a server in Linux also, and
> it doesn't fail.
>
> I'll test it later in a Windows host.
>
> Regards!
> Esteban A. Maringolo

>> Hello
>>

>> Not sure where else to post this. I have posted what looks like a bug in the
>> GAMySQLDriver#execute: selector. Here is the bug report on tracker:
>> https://github.com/guillep/DBXTalk/issues/8. But there is very, very little
>> activity there or in the DBXTalk Google discussion group.
>>

>> Is DBXTalk/Garage still considered a supported means of interfacing to an
>> existing database (like MySQL or PostgreSQL)? If so, is there something I’m
>> doing wrong as shown in the tracker post, or is there a known bug?
>>

>> Thanks
>>

>> -------
>> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: DBXTalk/Garage: GAMySQLDriver#execute: raises exception when int field is NULL

Esteban A. Maringolo
I don't know about the instructions because I don't maintain the
DBXTalk/Garage website.

But for Pharo 5 the #stable/#release version is 0.5, which in the case
of MySQL should load the package Garage-Mysql-GuillermoPolito.24.

You should load it by executing:

Gofer it
    smalltalkhubUser: 'DBXTalk' project: 'Garage';
    configurationOf: 'Garage';
    load.

#ConfigurationOfGarage asClass project stableVersion load: 'mysql'.

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo

> Esteban
>
> I think this is a versioning issue.
>
> The installation instructions for DBXTalk/Garage show 0.1. I looked all over
> the DBXTalk website, and the smalltalkhub.com location for the package, but
> I couldn't find any listing of what version is the latest to use.
>
> Do you know what the latest version is I should pull?
>
> Thanks
>
> Mark
>

> On 6/13/2016 12:06 PM, Esteban A. Maringolo wrote:
>>
>> Hi Mark,
>>
>> I tested it on a Linux host connecting to a server in Linux also, and
>> it doesn't fail.
>>
>> I'll test it later in a Windows host.
>>
>> Regards!
>> Esteban A. Maringolo

>>> Hello
>>>

>>> Not sure where else to post this. I have posted what looks like a bug in
>>> the
>>> GAMySQLDriver#execute: selector. Here is the bug report on tracker:
>>> https://github.com/guillep/DBXTalk/issues/8. But there is very, very
>>> little
>>> activity there or in the DBXTalk Google discussion group.
>>>

>>> Is DBXTalk/Garage still considered a supported means of interfacing to an
>>> existing database (like MySQL or PostgreSQL)? If so, is there something
>>> I’m
>>> doing wrong as shown in the tracker post, or is there a known bug?
>>>

>>> Thanks
>>>

>>> -------
>>> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: DBXTalk/Garage: GAMySQLDriver#execute: raises exception when int field is NULL

mbratch

Thanks Esteban. I had had also stumbled upon what the latest release actually is by browsing the ConfigurationOfGarage file. So I'm off to the races now.

Thank you! Apologies, again, for the false alarm.

Mark

Sent from TypeApp