DCE Splash walkback

Steve Alan Waring
Hi Andy/Blair,

I just unlocked a fresh image and applied for, and entered, a community
edition keycode.

When I click either of the buttons in the Splash, I get the following
walkback:

4:17:37 PM, Wednesday, 5 July 2006: 'Not found:
AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Explorer\Navigating\.Current'
RegKey(Object)>>errorNotFound:
RegKey(Dictionary)>>errorKeyNotFound:
RegKey(Dictionary)>>at:
CommunityEditionSplash>>buttonClick
CommunityEditionSplash>>onLeftButtonPressed:
CommunityEditionSplash(View)>>wmLButtonDown:wParam:lParam:
CommunityEditionSplash(View)>>dispatchMessage:wParam:lParam:
[] in InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
ProcessorScheduler>>callback:evaluate:
InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
CommunityEditionSplash(View)>>isDialogMessage:
CommunityEditionSplash(ShellView)>>preTranslateMouseInput:
CommunityEditionSplash(View)>>preTranslateMessage:
InputState>>preTranslateMessage:
InputState>>pumpMessage:
InputState>>loopWhile:
InputState>>mainLoop
[] in InputState>>forkMain
ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>markAndTry
[] in ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>try:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>try:
BlockClosure>>on:do:
[] in BlockClosure>>newProcess

I probably turned that sound off on this machine somewhere, but it has
not caused any other problems over the past couple of years. (I
certainly did not edit my registry directly to get rid of it).

Steve

Re: DCE Splash walkback

Andy Bower-3
Steve,

> I just unlocked a fresh image and applied for, and entered, a
> community edition keycode.
>
> When I click either of the buttons in the Splash, I get the following
> walkback:
>
> 4:17:37 PM, Wednesday, 5 July 2006: 'Not found:
> AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Explorer\Navigating\.Current'
> RegKey(Object)>>errorNotFound:
> RegKey(Dictionary)>>errorKeyNotFound:
> RegKey(Dictionary)>>at:
> CommunityEditionSplash>>buttonClick
> CommunityEditionSplash>>onLeftButtonPressed:
> CommunityEditionSplash(View)>>wmLButtonDown:wParam:lParam:
> CommunityEditionSplash(View)>>dispatchMessage:wParam:lParam:
> [] in InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
> BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
> ProcessorScheduler>>callback:evaluate:
> InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
> CommunityEditionSplash(View)>>isDialogMessage:
> CommunityEditionSplash(ShellView)>>preTranslateMouseInput:
> CommunityEditionSplash(View)>>preTranslateMessage:
> InputState>>preTranslateMessage:
> InputState>>pumpMessage:
> InputState>>loopWhile:
> InputState>>mainLoop
> [] in InputState>>forkMain
> ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>markAndTry
> [] in ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>try:
> BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
> BlockClosure>>ensure:
> ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>try:
> BlockClosure>>on:do:
> [] in BlockClosure>>newProcess

Hmm.. yes, that is a nasty little problem caused by the lack of the
"HKU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Explorer\Navigating\.Current" registry key.
I've recorded this as #2162 and we'll have to fix it by not generating
a click if the key is missing. Thanks.

Best regards,

--
Andy Bower