DCI

1 message Options

DCI

Trygve
Hi Dan,
You made me very happy when you made it to my talk on Thursday. It was impossible for me to present a new paradigm in less than 30 minutes, but I hope I triggered your curiosity.

I think your best next step would be to read my article on the DCI Execution model
    http://fulloo.info/Documents/DCIExecutionModel-2.1.pdf
(I hope you will put me right where I have misunderstood something.)

The simplest possible example that illustrates the DCI concepts is BB5BankTransfer. You can run it and browse its code  in my current DCI Squeak image
    http://fulloo.info/Downloads/BabyIDE-3.zip

It would be great if we could do serious work on a realization of the Dynabook dream together.  Pharo may be a good starting point because its community seems very open to new ideas.

Cheers
--Trygve

PS.
The BabyIDE is an application browser rather than a class browser. There is a kind of user manual embedded in this old article
    http://fulloo.info/Documents/200904commonsense.pdf

PPS.
I stick to a very old image because  I cannot as yet file out DCI Contexts and role methods. Bootstrap to a better image is therefore impracticable.