DNS lookup under Windows

1 message Options

DNS lookup under Windows

Marten Feldtmann-2
Ha, that was a nice thing:

I had an ethernet connection and a WLAN connection - both active (by error or not) at the same time.

Let's say ipconfig shows the following values:

WLAN 192.168.70.200
Ethernet 192.168.70.202

And in the hosts file I defined:

myhostname  192.168.70.202

When I tried to do: "ping myhostname" I got pings to  192.168.70.202. When I entered "http://myhostname:5984" as address in my browser I got answers from 192.168.70.202. I did not find any applications making this wrong ....

BUT when I work with VA it behaves a little different. It looks for ALL available adresses, takes the first one and returns this as the valid choice. In this case: 192.168.70.200 - and nothing worked !!!!