DNU MIMEType>>#forURIReturnSingleMimeTypeOrDefault:

DNU MIMEType>>#forURIReturnSingleMimeTypeOrDefault:

Sven Van Caekenberghe
Hi,

In Pharo-1.1-11411 these

MIMEDocument guessTypeFromName: 'pharo.png'.
MIMEDocument guessTypeFromExtension: 'png'.

give a DNU for

MIMEType>>#forURIReturnSingleMimeTypeOrDefault:

Sven

Re: DNU MIMEType>>#forURIReturnSingleMimeTypeOrDefault:

Philippe Marschall-2
On 08/31/2010 01:58 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In Pharo-1.1-11411 these
>
> MIMEDocument guessTypeFromName: 'pharo.png'.
> MIMEDocument guessTypeFromExtension: 'png'.
>
> give a DNU for
>
> MIMEType>>#forURIReturnSingleMimeTypeOrDefault:

See also:

I know what you're working on ;-)

Cheers
Philippe

Re: DNU MIMEType>>#forURIReturnSingleMimeTypeOrDefault:

Sven Van Caekenberghe
Philippe,

Is it that obvioius ;-) ?

Seriously though, I think this is quite easily fixable, but it is hard to get a grip on the implications outside Pharo(Core).
Should I propose a patch ?

I will first have a look at the 'contributing to pharo' webcast.

Sven

On 31 Aug 2010, at 14:42, Philippe Marschall wrote:

> On 08/31/2010 01:58 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> In Pharo-1.1-11411 these
>>
>> MIMEDocument guessTypeFromName: 'pharo.png'.
>> MIMEDocument guessTypeFromExtension: 'png'.
>>
>> give a DNU for
>>
>> MIMEType>>#forURIReturnSingleMimeTypeOrDefault:
>
> See also:

> I know what you're working on ;-)
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

Re: DNU MIMEType>>#forURIReturnSingleMimeTypeOrDefault:

Sven Van Caekenberghe
Well, the issue says 'tagged FIXED an hour ago by StephaneDucasse'.

This is a really unfriendly place: one does not have the time to report problems, let alone fix them!

Where can I see the fix, my 1.2 is up to date and it fails there too, I see no slice named after the issue and no new version of Networking-MIME ? Where should I be looking ?

Sven

On 31 Aug 2010, at 15:33, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:

> Philippe,
>
> Is it that obvioius ;-) ?
>
> Seriously though, I think this is quite easily fixable, but it is hard to get a grip on the implications outside Pharo(Core).
> Should I propose a patch ?
>
> I will first have a look at the 'contributing to pharo' webcast.
>
> Sven
>
> On 31 Aug 2010, at 14:42, Philippe Marschall wrote:
>
>> On 08/31/2010 01:58 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> In Pharo-1.1-11411 these
>>>
>>> MIMEDocument guessTypeFromName: 'pharo.png'.
>>> MIMEDocument guessTypeFromExtension: 'png'.
>>>
>>> give a DNU for
>>>
>>> MIMEType>>#forURIReturnSingleMimeTypeOrDefault:
>>
>> See also:
>>
>> http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=2797
>>
>> I know what you're working on ;-)
>>
>> Cheers
>> Philippe

Re: DNU MIMEType>>#forURIReturnSingleMimeTypeOrDefault:

Stéphane Ducasse

On Aug 31, 2010, at 3:49 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:

> Well, the issue says 'tagged FIXED an hour ago by StephaneDucasse'.

I put fixed because I thought that the file should be integrated. But now I see that marcus already integrated it.
sorry for the confusion.
Is it correct? I thought that it was a test to be included?
Else what is it?

> This is a really unfriendly place: one does not have the time to report problems, let alone fix them!
you confuse me on this one. I'm lost.

> Where can I see the fix, my 1.2 is up to date and it fails there too, I see no slice named after the issue and no new version of Networking-MIME ? Where should I be looking ?

Ok my mistake I thought that philippe since there is a

On 31 Aug 2010, at 16:02, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> On Aug 31, 2010, at 3:49 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:
>
>> Well, the issue says 'tagged FIXED an hour ago by StephaneDucasse'.
>
> I put fixed because I thought that the file should be integrated. But now I see that marcus already integrated it.
> sorry for the confusion.
> Is it correct? I thought that it was a test to be included?
> Else what is it?

Its Philippe's issue, but I reported a bug and it seems that he already reported it as an issue.
He seems to have added an extended NetworkTests package that should expose the bug that I mentioned.
Yes, his changes seem to have been integrated by Marcus.
I understand that is why you marked it as fixed.

But the underlying issue is not fixed, and I don't see a test that exposes the issue, so maybe Philippe made a mistake in the test package that he submitted.

>> This is a really unfriendly place: one does not have the time to report problems, let alone fix them!
> you confuse me on this one. I'm lost.

This was a joke ;-)