DNU when loading a bundle form Store

Joerg Beekmann, DeepCove Labs (YVR)

Recently we have started to see an exception thrown when loading a newer version of a bundle onto an older one. The error arises in the method installChangedClasses: aCodeComponent when the code component is a PackageModel which does not understand relatedPundle.  I’ve attached the stack.

installChangedClasses: aCodeComponent

….

                loadOrderedClasses copy do:

                                [:each |

                                (Override isOverriddenClassOrNameSpace: each strictReference value in: aCodeComponent relatedPundle) ifTrue:

                                                [loadOrderedClasses remove: each.

                                                overriddenClasses add: each]].

After reloading from scratch the situation still occurs the next time I try load a more recent version. I am tempted to try implement relatedPundle returning nil which the other implementation does if it can’t find a related pundle.

Anyone else encountered this and know what is going on?

Joerg

-----
Joerg Beekmann
DeepCove Labs
4th floor 595 Howe Street
Vancouver, BC, V6C 2T5
voice +1.604.689.0322
fax   +1.604.689.0311

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE - This email contains private and confidential
information. If it is not intended for you, delete it and any attachments.

stack.txt (97K) Download Attachment

Re: DNU when loading a bundle form Store

Samuel S. Shuster-2
Joerg:

> I am tempted to try implement relatedPundle returning nil which the other implementation does if it can’t find a related pundle.

Is something loading binary? It seems so.

Anyway, the answer/fix is to have PundleModel answer ^self not ^nil for #relatedPundle.

                                And So It Goes
                                     Sames

Samuel S. Shuster [|]
VisualWorks Engineering, Store Project
Smalltalk Enables Success -- What Are YOU Using?

Re: DNU when loading a bundle form Store

Joerg Beekmann, DeepCove Labs (YVR)
Sam

Yes indeed there is more loading binary than there should be... Thank
you  explains why source is missing in another environment.

That aside, next time this comes up I'll implement the change you
recommend and see if that addresses the issue.

Joerg

> I am tempted to try implement relatedPundle returning nil which the
other implementation does if it can't find a related pundle.

Is something loading binary? It seems so.

Anyway, the answer/fix is to have PundleModel answer ^self not ^nil for
#relatedPundle.

                                And So It Goes
                                     Sames

Samuel S. Shuster [|]
VisualWorks Engineering, Store Project
Smalltalk Enables Success -- What Are YOU Using?

Re: DNU when loading a bundle form Store

Joerg Beekmann, DeepCove Labs (YVR)
Hi Sam

It just came up again and implementing relatedPundle as ^self did indeed
allow the load to proceed, apparently successfully. Should this be
raised as an AR?

Joerg

> I am tempted to try implement relatedPundle returning nil which the
other implementation does if it can't find a related pundle.

Is something loading binary? It seems so.

Anyway, the answer/fix is to have PundleModel answer ^self not ^nil for
#relatedPundle.

                                And So It Goes
                                     Sames

Samuel S. Shuster [|]
VisualWorks Engineering, Store Project
Smalltalk Enables Success -- What Are YOU Using?

Re: DNU when loading a bundle form Store

Samuel S. Shuster-2
Joerg:

> It just came up again and implementing relatedPundle as ^self did indeed
> allow the load to proceed, apparently successfully. Should this be
> raised as an AR?

This is already fixed for the upcoming 7.8.