DSDN enhancement request

Louis Sumberg-2
Ian,

One thing that I miss in DSDN (I think it used to be there) is after doing a
search, to select an item in the list and have the search word or phrase
highlighted in the text below.

I'm sure you know how to do this, but I went ahead on my own to put a quick
patch into the NewsArchiveBrowser (since OA put out the version 5 package
and I'm trying to stay in version 5 for now).  I did the following:

-- added an instance variable named target,
-- removed target from the local variables declaration in
#searchCaption:selector:, and
-- added to #onSelectionChanged the following:
     target notNil ifTrue: [text view findNextWrapped: target down: true
wholeWord: false matchCase: false]

I know it's quick and dirty, but it helps to quickly identify posts that are
really relevant.  Now that I think of it, I suppose the textedit should also
scroll down to the highlighted word (which I didn't figure out in a 5 minute
perusal).

-- Louis

Re: DSDN enhancement request

Louis Sumberg-2
Oops, I meant to send this directly to Ian.

Time for me to get out of the house.  *s*

Re: DSDN enhancement request

Ian Bartholomew-3
Louis,

> One thing that I miss in DSDN (I think it used to be there) is after doing
> a search, to select an item in the list and have the search word or phrase
> highlighted in the text below.

You're right, it did use to be there and I cannot remember why I took it out
of the last version. I may have been something to do with HTML pages (in
DSDN) now being displayed using a non text control, but I'm not really sure.

I'll add it to the list of things to do.

Thanks for the code.

Regards
    Ian