DSM - how to get the labels and and strength shown?

DSM - how to get the labels and and strength shown?

Torben Knerr
Hi everybody,

when visualizing dependencies with the DSM, is it possible to add
labels (i.e. package names) to the axes and the strength of
dependencies inside the boxes?

I have seen it that way here:
http://www.moosetechnology.org/?_s=VobZiLnMJVEuKMlv

But in my case it rather looks like that:
http://themoosebook.org/files/0d/kb2v463n4vgwigrotknuq1tw04fqyl/visualization-dsm-colored.png

How would I get to that more detailed view?

Thanks and best regards,
Torben

Re: DSM - how to get the labels and and strength shown?

jannik laval
Hi Torben,

In the visualization you have, you can right click on blue squares or on the top-left cell. Here you have access to multiple DSM: numberedDSM is the one you want. You also have eDSM that is more detailed.

Best,
Jannik

On Aug 13, 2012, at 2:48 PM, Torben Knerr <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> when visualizing dependencies with the DSM, is it possible to add
> labels (i.e. package names) to the axes and the strength of
> dependencies inside the boxes?
>
> I have seen it that way here:
> http://www.moosetechnology.org/?_s=VobZiLnMJVEuKMlv
>
> But in my case it rather looks like that:
> http://themoosebook.org/files/0d/kb2v463n4vgwigrotknuq1tw04fqyl/visualization-dsm-colored.png
>
> How would I get to that more detailed view?
>
> Thanks and best regards,
> Torben

---
Jannik Laval

Re: DSM - how to get the labels and and strength shown?

Torben Knerr

Hi Jannik,

Am 13.08.2012 15:19 schrieb "jannik.laval" <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Torben,
>
> In the visualization you have, you can right click on blue squares or on the top-left cell. Here you have access to multiple DSM: numberedDSM is the one you want. You also have eDSM that is more detailed.

I couldn't find that context menu entry (numbered DSM), having tried both Moose 4.6 and 4.7 dev.

What I did was "all model namespaces -> Visualize -> DSM" to get to this view. I also launched the "enriched DSM" view directly from there, but this view was for some reason very slow (~300 packages) and I could hardly navigate i.e. zoom in to a level where I can see the whole matrix.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Torben

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 6:33 PM, Torben Knerr <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Jannik,
>
> Am 13.08.2012 15:19 schrieb "jannik.laval" <[hidden email]>:
>

>> Hi Torben,
>>
>> In the visualization you have, you can right click on blue squares or on
>> the top-left cell. Here you have access to multiple DSM: numberedDSM is the
>> one you want. You also have eDSM that is more detailed.
>
> I couldn't find that context menu entry (numbered DSM), having tried both
> Moose 4.6 and 4.7 dev.

FYI: this is what I see:

When I right-click one of the gray/blue boxes there is only:
View enriched DSM
View DSM
View encaps DSM
View enriched Cycle Tables
View Cycle Tables
inspect

When I right-click the top-left corner dark box there is:
MOCycleTable
Show Information
DSMCycleTable
Inspect

> What I did was "all model namespaces -> Visualize -> DSM" to get to this
> view. I also launched the "enriched DSM" view directly from there, but this
> view was for some reason very slow (~300 packages) and I could hardly
> navigate i.e. zoom in to a level where I can see the whole matrix.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Cheers,
> Torben
>

>> Best,
>> Jannik
>>
>> On Aug 13, 2012, at 2:48 PM, Torben Knerr <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi everybody,
>> >
>> > when visualizing dependencies with the DSM, is it possible to add
>> > labels (i.e. package names) to the axes and the strength of
>> > dependencies inside the boxes?
>> >
>> > I have seen it that way here:
>> > http://www.moosetechnology.org/?_s=VobZiLnMJVEuKMlv
>> >
>> > But in my case it rather looks like that:
>> >
>> > http://themoosebook.org/files/0d/kb2v463n4vgwigrotknuq1tw04fqyl/visualization-dsm-colored.png
>> >
>> > How would I get to that more detailed view?
>> >
>> > Thanks and best regards,
>> > Torben
>>
>> ---
>> Jannik Laval

Re: DSM - how to get the labels and and strength shown?

jannik laval
Hi Torben,

In fact, the DSM with Number is available inside an existing DSM.
I added an entry in the main menu, you just have to update the package Moose-Dsm-Visualization-Famix-janniklaval.7

Cheers,
Jannik

On Aug 13, 2012, at 6:33 PM, Torben Knerr <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Jannik,

Am 13.08.2012 15:19 schrieb "jannik.laval" <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Torben,
>
> In the visualization you have, you can right click on blue squares or on the top-left cell. Here you have access to multiple DSM: numberedDSM is the one you want. You also have eDSM that is more detailed.

I couldn't find that context menu entry (numbered DSM), having tried both Moose 4.6 and 4.7 dev.

What I did was "all model namespaces -> Visualize -> DSM" to get to this view. I also launched the "enriched DSM" view directly from there, but this view was for some reason very slow (~300 packages) and I could hardly navigate i.e. zoom in to a level where I can see the whole matrix.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Torben

> Best,
> Jannik
>
> On Aug 13, 2012, at 2:48 PM, Torben Knerr <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi everybody,
> >
> > when visualizing dependencies with the DSM, is it possible to add
> > labels (i.e. package names) to the axes and the strength of
> > dependencies inside the boxes?
> >
> > I have seen it that way here:
> > http://www.moosetechnology.org/?_s=VobZiLnMJVEuKMlv
> >
> > But in my case it rather looks like that:
> > http://themoosebook.org/files/0d/kb2v463n4vgwigrotknuq1tw04fqyl/visualization-dsm-colored.png
> >
> > How would I get to that more detailed view?
> >
> > Thanks and best regards,
> > Torben
>
> ---
> Jannik Laval