Damien's images

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Damien,

What is the status of Gary's work in your developers' image?  Unless I
am doing something stupid, it is not included in the latest one.  Please
do what you think is best, but it surprised me because I thought I read
here that you had made it the default.

While commenting, I would like to vote against ecompletion being
activated.  The impact on the cursor movement is severe.  My concern is
that someone trying Squeak for the first time might decide everything
they heard was true (ok, much of it IS true<g>, but...) and never get
past trying to edit their first expression.  You might handle it by
adding scripts for a few different levels of preferences from newbie to
hardcore squeaker that we could evolve over time.  Just my 2 asCents.

Bill

Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
University of Florida
Department of Anesthesiology
PO Box 100254
Gainesville, FL 32610-0254

Email: [hidden email]
Tel: (352) 846-1285
FAX: (352) 392-7029

Re: Damien's images

Damien Cassou-3
Hi Bill,

2007/10/12, Bill Schwab <[hidden email]>:
> What is the status of Gary's work in your developers' image?  Unless I
> am doing something stupid, it is not included in the latest one.  Please
> do what you think is best, but it surprised me because I thought I read
> here that you had made it the default.

It's included in the image based on 3.10 because I consider the image
and this package as being beta.

> While commenting, I would like to vote against ecompletion being
> activated.  The impact on the cursor movement is severe.  My concern is
> that someone trying Squeak for the first time might decide everything
> they heard was true (ok, much of it IS true<g>, but...) and never get
> past trying to edit their first expression.  You might handle it by
> adding scripts for a few different levels of preferences from newbie to
> hardcore squeaker that we could evolve over time.  Just my 2 asCents.

I won't remove eCompletion from the base image because it's one of the
most powerful tool to help you write code. What is your problem with
eCompletion ?

--
Damien Cassou

Re: Damien's images

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Damien,

I can simply turn it off, but my concern is that those unaware of it, as
I was, would tend to think the image is broken rather than feature-rich.
 It's your call, of course.

Bill

Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
University of Florida
Department of Anesthesiology
PO Box 100254
Gainesville, FL 32610-0254

Email: [hidden email]
Tel: (352) 846-1285
FAX: (352) 392-7029

>>> [hidden email] 10/12/07 9:16 AM >>>
I won't remove eCompletion from the base image because it's one of the
most powerful tool to help you write code. What is your problem with
eCompletion ?

--
Damien Cassou

Re: Damien's images

Blake-5
What's wrong with eCompletion?

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 13:59:10 -0700, Bill Schwab <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Damien,
>
> I can simply turn it off, but my concern is that those unaware of it, as
> I was, would tend to think the image is broken rather than feature-rich.
>  It's your call, of course.
>
> Bill
>

> Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
> University of Florida
> Department of Anesthesiology
> PO Box 100254
> Gainesville, FL 32610-0254
>
> Email: [hidden email]
> Tel: (352) 846-1285
> FAX: (352) 392-7029

> I won't remove eCompletion from the base image because it's one of the
> most powerful tool to help you write code. What is your problem with
> eCompletion ?

Re: Damien's images

Damien Cassou-3
2007/10/15, Bill Schwab <[hidden email]>:
> Damien,
>
> I can simply turn it off, but my concern is that those unaware of it, as
> I was, would tend to think the image is broken rather than feature-rich.
>  It's your call, of course.

Hi Bill,

if there is something that was a problem to you with eCompletion, I
would really like to know what it was to change things. I won't remove
eCompletion, but things can get better.

Bye

--
Damien Cassou

RE: Damien's images

Gary Chambers-4
I am currently unable to update the development universe (upon which Damien
bases the dev image)... until this is resolved you'll have to use Monticello
to get the latest version via SqueakSource.

RE: Damien's images

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Gary,

No problem.

Bill

Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
University of Florida
Department of Anesthesiology
PO Box 100254
Gainesville, FL 32610-0254

Email: [hidden email]
Tel: (352) 846-1285
FAX: (352) 392-7029

>>> [hidden email] 10/19/07 6:31 PM >>>
I am currently unable to update the development universe (upon which
Damien
bases the dev image)... until this is resolved you'll have to use
Monticello
to get the latest version via SqueakSource.

Re: Damien's images

Damien Cassou-3
Hi Gary,

do you still have your problem ?

Bye

2007/10/20, Bill Schwab <[hidden email]>:

> Gary,
>
> No problem.
>
> Bill
>

> Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
> University of Florida
> Department of Anesthesiology
> PO Box 100254
> Gainesville, FL 32610-0254
>
> Email: [hidden email]
> Tel: (352) 846-1285
> FAX: (352) 392-7029

> I am currently unable to update the development universe (upon which
> Damien
> bases the dev image)... until this is resolved you'll have to use
> Monticello
> to get the latest version via SqueakSource.

Damien Cassou

RE: Damien's images

Gary Chambers-4
Sorted out now. Version 0.55 of UI Themes on the development universe.