Dark background color

Karl Ramberg
Hi,
I have been experimenting with getting the image to a state where I can change windows to use dark background colors.
See attached change set.
Change set is used because a lot of different packages is touched and it's painful to use Monticello...

Eventually it would be nice to get changes into the image so we can easily change the color settings at will.

I like dark background colors because the white color on LCDs is quite intense.

Enjoy

Best,
Karl

DarkBackgroundColor.7.cs.gz (13K) Download Attachment

Re: Dark background color

marcel.taeumel
Hi, Karl.

See WindowColorSpec. There, you might want to add a new instVar for "darkColor." Then you could also update all window color specifications. Then you could add Preferences >> #installDarkWindowColors just like, for example, #installNormalWindowColors. Finally, you should update TheWorldMainDockingBar >> #windowColorsOn: to make it consistently accessible via the menu.

Note that tools implement #windowColorSpecification. WindowColorRegistry class >> #refresh updates the cache.

Best,
Marcel

Re: Dark background color

Karl Ramberg

On Sun, Mar 6, 2016 at 1:52 AM, marcel.taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, Karl.

See WindowColorSpec. There, you might want to add a new instVar for
"darkColor." Then you could also update all window color specifications.
Then you could add Preferences >> #installDarkWindowColors just like, for
example, #installNormalWindowColors. Finally, you should update
TheWorldMainDockingBar >> #windowColorsOn: to make it consistently
accessible via the menu.
It should be accessible from the menu already. But as you say, more changes are needed.

Note that tools implement #windowColorSpecification. WindowColorRegistry
class >> #refresh updates the cache.

Yes, the change of background color need to propagate trough to all open windows so they change background color and text color.
Best,
Karl

Best,
Marcel

Re: Dark background color

marcel.taeumel
No, no, no. Window colors are decoupled from other preferences. I am just talking about how to cleanly introduce a dark version of all window colors. This is unrelated to text colors or background colors in other widgets.

Best,
Marcel