Dark theme and white vs. green color

Juraj Kubelka
Hi,

While we were improving the DiffMorph for the dark theme, we conclude that it is much harder to read the text.

I personally also often miss a new debugger window on a big screen. Something I have not experienced before.

And this discussion reminds me the old computers where the background was black and text green. There are two screenshot to compare it:

A personally feel that it is much easier to read the green text.

What do you think?
Juraj

Re: Dark theme and white vs. green color

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2

I think that green reads better. Something like solarized will be really nice [1]. But maybe that is a lot of work now.

[1] http://ethanschoonover.com/solarized

Cheers,

Offray

On 28/04/17 11:42, Juraj Kubelka wrote:
Hi,

While we were improving the DiffMorph for the dark theme, we conclude that it is much harder to read the text.

I personally also often miss a new debugger window on a big screen. Something I have not experienced before.

And this discussion reminds me the old computers where the background was black and text green. There are two screenshot to compare it:

A personally feel that it is much easier to read the green text.

What do you think?
Juraj

Re: Dark theme and white vs. green color

John Pfersich
I agree, that dark theme is harder to read than green on black. I just want the old light theme, how do I get it?

Sent from my iPhone

> it:

Re: Dark theme and white vs. green color

Ben Coman

On Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 5:02 AM, john pfersich <[hidden email]> wrote:
I agree, that dark theme is harder to read than green on black. I just want the old light theme, how do I get it?

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 28, 2017, at 09:42, Juraj Kubelka <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> it:

Go to System > Settings and search for "theme".

cheers -ben

Re: Dark theme and white vs. green color

John Pfersich
Thanks, I was looking for "color" in an already open settings browser. That doesn't work.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 28, 2017, at 18:15, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 5:02 AM, john pfersich <[hidden email]> wrote:
I agree, that dark theme is harder to read than green on black. I just want the old light theme, how do I get it?

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 28, 2017, at 09:42, Juraj Kubelka <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> it:

Go to System > Settings and search for "theme".

cheers -ben

Re: Dark theme and white vs. green color

Stephane Ducasse-3
I can tell you that for me the green is a lot more difficult to read because it is too saturated.
During a long period I could not use the dark one because of the saturated red error color.
I could just not read what was written.