Data Analysis in Pharo

abergel
[sorry for the cross-post]

Dear all,

There has been quite some work around analyzing non-software related data. The teams of Serge, Thierry and Noury have been doing wonderful things. I am not sure you are aware of this, but I found this a nice achievement of what our community can do.

Using sensors networks in Jakarta, Indonesia, to monitor floods.
https://www.facebook.com/ObjectProfile/photos/a.341189379300999.82969.340543479365589/706190742800859/?type=1

CAR: Components, Agents, and Robots
https://www.facebook.com/ObjectProfile/posts/704750642944869

Fantastic model from the Vietnam crew working on Ebola spreading
https://www.facebook.com/ObjectProfile/photos/a.341189379300999.82969.340543479365589/704650679621532/?type=1

Another picture from the crew studying Ebola.
https://www.facebook.com/ObjectProfile/photos/a.341189379300999.82969.340543479365589/704304912989442/?type=1

Ebola fatalities in Guinea.
https://www.facebook.com/ObjectProfile/photos/a.341189379300999.82969.340543479365589/703876539698946/?type=1

Visualizing Astronomy pictures
https://www.facebook.com/ObjectProfile/posts/702429986510268

Visualization of Network Latency by Leonel Merino
http://t.co/xJN6qk1AEG

Being this work, there is quite some sweat. This work does not happen randomly, and their authors deserve our encouragements.

I do not know if this make sense to crosspost all these urls (looks like a spam isn’t it?) but I am really happy to see all that happening.

Cheers,
Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: [Pharo-dev] Data Analysis in Pharo

Tudor Girba-2
Indeed, this is nice!

It is for this reason that Moose is a data analysis platform, and what we see now is just only tip of the iceberg, Once these tools get embedded deep in the environment the potential simply explodes.

Cheers,
Doru

On Sun, Sep 28, 2014 at 8:27 PM, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

"Every thing has its own flow"