[DataFrame] Reading data from XLSX file

Francisco Lizarralde

Hi All,

I'm trying to read some data fron a XLSX file following this directive,

"3. Reading data from file

In most real-world scenarios the data is located in a file or database. The support for database connections will be added in future releases.

Right now DataFrame provides you the methods for loading data from two most commot file formats: CSV and XLSX

DataFrame fromCSV: 'path/to/your/file.csv'.
DataFrame fromXLSX: 'path/to/your/file.xlsx'."

but I don't find the XLSXImporter class.

Need I to load another package ?

Thanks in advance,

Best Rgeards,

Francisco

Re: [DataFrame] Reading data from XLSX file

Oleksandr Zaitsev
Hello!

There is a missing dependency on the Tabular package. I have created an issue for it:
https://github.com/PolyMathOrg/DataFrame/issues/28

As a temporary solution, you can load Tabular from Catalog Browser.

Best regards,
Oleks

Re: [DataFrame] Reading data from XLSX file

Francisco Lizarralde
Hi Oleks,

Thank you very much for your reply. I'll try to load Tabular from Catalog Browser.

Best regards,

Francisco

Hello!

There is a missing dependency on the Tabular package. I have created an issue for it:

As a temporary solution, you can load Tabular from Catalog Browser.

Best regards,
Oleks

Re: [DataFrame] Reading data from XLSX file

SergeStinckwich
The Tabular package has been had as a dependency now : https://github.com/PolyMathOrg/DataFrame/issues/28

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 11:16 PM, Francisco Lizarralde <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Oleks,

Thank you very much for your reply. I'll try to load Tabular from Catalog Browser.

Best regards,

Francisco

Hello!

There is a missing dependency on the Tabular package. I have created an issue for it:

As a temporary solution, you can load Tabular from Catalog Browser.

Best regards,
Oleks

Serge Stinckwich
UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC/UY1)
"Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute."
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: [DataFrame] Reading data from XLSX file

Francisco Lizarralde
Hi Oleks,

I wrote this method because I needed to load all worksheets present in a file

DATAFrame >> allWorksheetsFromXLSX: pathToFile

    | file workbook sheets |

    file := FileStream readOnlyFileNamed: pathToFile.
    workbook := XLSXImporter import: file.
    sheets := (workbook worksheets) collect: [ :sheet | self fromXLSXworksheet: sheet ].

    ^ sheets.

If you find it useful, it is my little contribution to DataFrame