Date class DNU #starting:duration:

Max Leske
Hi

(GLASS 1.0-beta.8.5)

I get a DNU when sending Date class>>year:month:day (e.g. when doing "Timestamp fromString: '...'"). Apparently Date class does not understand #starting:duration:. I don't know why this would be used here, Timespan class knows this message; a duration in a date...?

Any clues?

Max

Re: Date class DNU #starting:duration:

Dale Henrichs
On 02/24/2011 07:05 AM, Max Leske wrote:
> Hi
>
> (GLASS 1.0-beta.8.5)
>
> I get a DNU when sending Date class>>year:month:day (e.g. when doing "Timestamp fromString: '...'"). Apparently Date class does not understand #starting:duration:. I don't know why this would be used here, Timespan class knows this message; a duration in a date...?
>
> Any clues?
>
> Max

Max,

I'd be interested in a little more information about the stack that you
are seeing. The following works for me in 1.0-beta.8.5:

   TimeStamp fromString: TimeStamp now printString

So there must be something unexpected going on...

What does the input string look like?

Dale