DateAndTime zulu

rjuli...@gmail.com
Hello, all.

I have what appears to be a very perplexing issue.

As part of my application, users can send an EMail to their patients,
to confirm their appointments, and including an ICS calendar event.

In an attempt to avoid timezone issues, I use ZULU time.

So, here is the strange issue......

For the DTSTAMP attribute, I use  DateAndTime zulu
For the DTSTART attribute, I use (DateAndTime date: self date time: self arrivalTime) zulu,

part 1: when I receive the ICS file, the DTSTAMP time has correctly been adjusted to
zulu time.  But the DTSTART time is off by an hour..as though it was in a different time zone
(or perhaps missing out on Daylight Savings Time).
But BOTH of these methods go through the #zulu instance method!

here is part 2: if I do this from my development machine, it actually works perfectly.
But when I do this from a non-development machine, I get this inconsistent mismatch.
And in both cases, I am using the runtime...so it is not a development image versus
runtime thing.  And I am using the same .ini file in both cases.

I am mystified as to why the two times would not always have the correct offset.
And I am further mystified as to why the behaviour is different between development
and non-development machines.....both running Windows 10.

This is actually an urgent issue, as I have released an update to all of my clients,
and they have started calling to report the error.  I could not, at first reproduce it,
until I tried using my family computer.

Of course, one thought I had, is that I am missing a runtime file, that is somehow getting
picked up in the development machine.

Any thoughts?

Best Regards,
Julian

Re: DateAndTime zulu

Wayne Johnston
Maybe the zoneinfo files are missing, or zoneinfoPath isn't pointing there?

Re: DateAndTime zulu

rjuli...@gmail.com
Hello, Wayne.

Thank you for the response.
Instantiations support also responded last night with the same thought.
and of course.....that was what it was.

I appreciate you taking the time to reply!

Regards,
Julian