DatePresenter

pdigonzelli
When you intent to edit DatePresenter.Picker view you have wallback .
How can i fix it?
I cannot convertiong my projects from 5 to 6 with this problem
This the wallback

02:24:17 p.m., Viernes, 25 de Noviembre de 2005: 'failed to create
window (16r2: El sistema no puede hallar el archivo especificado.)'
DateTimePicker(View)>>unhookWindowCreate:
DateTimePicker(View)>>createAt:extent:
MessageSend(MessageSendAbstract)>>value
[] in MessageSequenceAbstract>>value
OrderedCollection>>do:
MessageSequence>>messagesDo:
MessageSequence(MessageSequenceAbstract)>>value
DateTimePicker(View)>>state:
DateTimePicker(STBViewProxy)>>restoreView
DateTimePicker(STBViewProxy)>>restoreTopView
[] in DateTimePicker(STBViewProxy)>>stbFixup:at:
[] in STBInFiler>>evaluateDeferredActions
OrderedCollection>>do:
STLInFiler(STBInFiler)>>evaluateDeferredActions
STLInFiler(STBInFiler)>>next
[] in DesktopView(View)>>loadViewResource:forEdit:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
DesktopView(View)>>loadViewResource:forEdit:
[] in SmalltalkSystem>>loadViewResource:inContext:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
RefactoringSmalltalkSystem(SmalltalkSystem)>>loadViewResource:inContext:
ViewComposer>>basicPasteResource:context:
ViewComposer>>pasteResource:context:position:
ViewComposer>>openOn:
ViewComposer class>>openOn:
RefactoringSmalltalkSystem(SmalltalkSystem)>>openViewComposerOn:
ClassHierarchySelector(ClassSelector)>>editView:
MessageSend>>forwardTo:withArguments:
MessageSend(MessageSendAbstract)>>forwardTo:
CommandDescription>>performAgainst:
[] in Command>>value
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
Command>>value
ShellView>>performCommand:
ClassBrowserShell(Shell)>>performCommand:
CommandQuery>>perform
DelegatingCommandPolicy(CommandPolicy)>>route:
[] in TreeView(View)>>onCommand:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
Cursor>>showWhile:
TreeView(View)>>onCommand:
TreeView(View)>>wmCommand:wParam:lParam:
TreeView(View)>>dispatchMessage:wParam:lParam:
[] in InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
ProcessorScheduler>>callback:evaluate:

TIA
Pablo

Re: DatePresenter

Andy Bower-3
Pablo,

> When you intent to edit DatePresenter.Picker view you have wallback .
> How can i fix it?
> I cannot convertiong my projects from 5 to 6 with this problem

What OS are you using? This doesn't seem to occur under Windows XP
although there is quite plainly a problem in CommCtrlLibrary
class>>defaultInitFlags. This has been recorded as issue #2015 and will
be fixed in the first path release.

Until then, try filing in the following piece of code:

-
!CommCtrlLibrary class methodsFor!

defaultInitFlags
        ^ICC_WIN95_CLASSES | ICC_DATE_CLASSES! !
!CommCtrlLibrary class categoriesFor:
#defaultInitFlags!accessing!private! !

CommCtrlLibrary
        initFlags: CommCtrlLibrary
        defaultInitFlags; closeDefault.!
-

Best regards,

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support
www.object-arts.com

Re: DatePresenter

Ian Bartholomew-21
Andy,

> What OS are you using? This doesn't seem to occur under Windows XP

I see the same problem on XP (and your patch doesn't seem to make a
difference).

Perhaps it only happens on a system that doesn't have a updated copy of
MSCOMCT2.OCX on it, mine is version 6.0.8804 dated 14/3/2000.  That
would be the version available on a XP system that doesn't have any
newer MS tools present.

FWIW I get the same error when I try to look at the MaskedEdit class.

--
Ian

Use the Reply-To address to contact me.

Re: DatePresenter

pdigonzelli
Andy ,I am using w2k with all patches.
Pablo

Andy Bower wrote:

> Pablo,
>

>>When you intent to edit DatePresenter.Picker view you have wallback .
>>How can i fix it?
>>I cannot convertiong my projects from 5 to 6 with this problem
>

> What OS are you using? This doesn't seem to occur under Windows XP
> although there is quite plainly a problem in CommCtrlLibrary
> class>>defaultInitFlags. This has been recorded as issue #2015 and will
> be fixed in the first path release.
>
> Until then, try filing in the following piece of code:
>
> -
> !CommCtrlLibrary class methodsFor!
>
> defaultInitFlags
> ^ICC_WIN95_CLASSES | ICC_DATE_CLASSES! !
> !CommCtrlLibrary class categoriesFor:
> #defaultInitFlags!accessing!private! !
>
> CommCtrlLibrary
> initFlags: CommCtrlLibrary
> defaultInitFlags; closeDefault.!
> -
>
> Best regards,
>
> Andy Bower
> Dolphin Support
> www.object-arts.com

Re: DatePresenter

pdigonzelli
Ian , how can i see my version?
TIA
Pablo

Ian Bartholomew wrote:

> Andy,
>
>> What OS are you using? This doesn't seem to occur under Windows XP
>

> I see the same problem on XP (and your patch doesn't seem to make a
> difference).
>
> Perhaps it only happens on a system that doesn't have a updated copy of
> MSCOMCT2.OCX on it, mine is version 6.0.8804 dated 14/3/2000.  That
> would be the version available on a XP system that doesn't have any
> newer MS tools present.
>
> FWIW I get the same error when I try to look at the MaskedEdit class.

Re: DatePresenter

Ian Bartholomew-21
Pablo,

> Ian , how can i see my version?

Go to the folder winnt/system32 and look for the file mscomct2.ocx.
Select it, right click and then select Properties.  Go to the Version
tab and all the info is there.

I just checked my Windows 2000 machine and the version on there is the
same as on my XP machines

--
Ian

Use the Reply-To address to contact me.

Re: DatePresenter

Stefan Schmiedl
On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 10:26:08 +0000, Ian Bartholomew wrote:

> Andy,
>
>> What OS are you using? This doesn't seem to occur under Windows XP
>
> I see the same problem on XP (and your patch doesn't seem to make a
> difference).

Same here on a relatively "naked" WinXP *without* additional MS software
... a MS-free windows, if you can imagine that .-)

I don't even have a mscomct2.ocx on this box, just a mscomctl.ocx
with version 6.00.8498 dated 26-05-2000 (I guess German XP was after
English XP).

s.

Re: DatePresenter

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Pablo,

> Ian , how can i see my version?

Of the DLL?  Right click on it in explorer, and dig around in the
properties dialog box.  You might see it on the summary, or on a version
tab.

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: DatePresenter

Stefan Schmiedl
On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 13:43:33 +0100, Stefan Schmiedl wrote:

> I don't even have a mscomct2.ocx on this box, just a mscomctl.ocx with
> version 6.00.8498 dated 26-05-2000 (I guess German XP was after English
> XP).

well ... after installing some more software (.net 2.0 runtime among
others) I don't even have that file anymore...

I wonder what other surprises I will get in the next days.

scared,
s.

Re: DatePresenter

Stefan Schmiedl
On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 17:24:17 +0100, Stefan Schmiedl wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 13:43:33 +0100, Stefan Schmiedl wrote:
>
>> I don't even have a mscomct2.ocx on this box, just a mscomctl.ocx with
>> version 6.00.8498 dated 26-05-2000 (I guess German XP was after English
>> XP).
>
> well ... after installing some more software (.net 2.0 runtime among
> others) I don't even have that file anymore...

And even after d/l-ing and registering a copy of mscomctl.ocx and
mscomct2.ocx from the friendly folks at ocxdump.com, I can't get
the thing to run because I have no license to create an instance
of this control.

Whatever this MonthView is, it needs to be rewritten in Smalltalk :-)
or at least some more error checking is required.

s.

Re: DatePresenter

Ian Bartholomew-21
Stefan,

> And even after d/l-ing and registering a copy of mscomctl.ocx and
> mscomct2.ocx from the friendly folks at ocxdump.com, I can't get
> the thing to run because I have no license to create an instance
> of this control.

You're not alone there, I can't actually use it either.

The difference is just that on D5 it told me politely that I couldn't
use it without a licence, on D6 it just crashes.

Are you saying you can open the control in D6 using XP?.  If so, what
version of mscomct2.ocx have you downloaded?

--
Ian

Use the Reply-To address to contact me.

Re: DatePresenter

Stefan Schmiedl
Hi Ian,

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 16:55:57 +0000, Ian Bartholomew wrote:

> Are you saying you can open the control in D6 using XP?.  If so, what
> version of mscomct2.ocx have you downloaded?

... not really "open", but the ActiveX Control Browser displays the error
message in its upper pane. It claims to be version 6.00.8804. It's the one
on http://www.ocxdump.com/download-ocx-files_new.php/ocxfiles/M/

s.

Re: DatePresenter

Ian Bartholomew-21
Andy,

> What OS are you using? This doesn't seem to occur under Windows XP
> although there is quite plainly a problem in CommCtrlLibrary
> class>>defaultInitFlags. This has been recorded as issue #2015 and will
> be fixed in the first path release.

Humble apologies.  I've just realised that Pablo was really talking
about the "DatePresenter.Picker view" and I've been wittering on about
the "DatePresenter.Month view".  In my defence he did mention both in
his first post and I missed the change of emphasis.

Just to clarify.

I can see no problem when using the "DatePresenter.Picker view" in X6 on XP.

However...

When I try to open the "DatePresenter.Month view" in the View browser
then I get a walkback.  As Stefan points out you can open it in the AX
Control Broswer, although it complains about needing a licence.

--
Ian

Use the Reply-To address to contact me.

Re: DatePresenter

Ian Bartholomew-21
Stefan,

> ... not really "open", but the ActiveX Control Browser displays the error
> message in its upper pane. It claims to be version 6.00.8804. It's the one
> on http://www.ocxdump.com/download-ocx-files_new.php/ocxfiles/M/

Thanks for the clarification - I do see the same thing.

--
Ian

Use the Reply-To address to contact me.

Re: DatePresenter

pdigonzelli
Ian , in my w2k the wallback happends in both Picker view and Month view

Regards
Pablo

Ian Bartholomew wrote:

> Andy,
>
>> What OS are you using? This doesn't seem to occur under Windows XP
>> although there is quite plainly a problem in CommCtrlLibrary
>> class>>defaultInitFlags. This has been recorded as issue #2015 and will
>> be fixed in the first path release.
>

> Humble apologies.  I've just realised that Pablo was really talking
> about the "DatePresenter.Picker view" and I've been wittering on about
> the "DatePresenter.Month view".  In my defence he did mention both in
> his first post and I missed the change of emphasis.
>
> Just to clarify.
>
> I can see no problem when using the "DatePresenter.Picker view" in X6 on
> XP.
>
> However...
>
> When I try to open the "DatePresenter.Month view" in the View browser
> then I get a walkback.  As Stefan points out you can open it in the AX
> Control Broswer, although it complains about needing a licence.

Re: DatePresenter

Andy Bower-3
Folks,

I'm somewhat confused by this.

As it turns out, my original patch:

> !CommCtrlLibrary class methodsFor!
>
> defaultInitFlags
> ^ICC_WIN95_CLASSES | ICC_DATE_CLASSES! !
> !CommCtrlLibrary class categoriesFor:
> #defaultInitFlags!accessing!private! !
>
> CommCtrlLibrary
> initFlags: CommCtrlLibrary
> defaultInitFlags; closeDefault.!

shouldn't be necessary because the class initialization code in
DateTimeCommonControl should take care of setting the appropriate
flags. However, I don't see the problem under XP for either the Picker
view or the Month view. I do have Visual Studio 2003 installed on this
machine so this may be having an effect.

I originally tried the patch on Windows 2000 where I couldn't open
these two controls originally. After applying the patch I seemed to be
able to open the controls okay. However, having tried applying the
patch again in a fresh image, this time it doesn't work.

Obviously, some further experimentation is necessary.

Best regards,

--
Andy Bower
Dolphin Support

Re: DatePresenter

pdigonzelli
Andy , I replace mscomct2.ocx with a newer version and apply the patch.
It works ok for me.

Regards
Pablo

Andy Bower wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I'm somewhat confused by this.
>
> As it turns out, my original patch:
>

>>!CommCtrlLibrary class methodsFor!
>>
>>defaultInitFlags
>> ^ICC_WIN95_CLASSES | ICC_DATE_CLASSES! !
>>!CommCtrlLibrary class categoriesFor:
>>#defaultInitFlags!accessing!private! !
>>
>>CommCtrlLibrary
>> initFlags: CommCtrlLibrary
>> defaultInitFlags; closeDefault.!
>

> shouldn't be necessary because the class initialization code in
> DateTimeCommonControl should take care of setting the appropriate
> flags. However, I don't see the problem under XP for either the Picker
> view or the Month view. I do have Visual Studio 2003 installed on this
> machine so this may be having an effect.
>
> I originally tried the patch on Windows 2000 where I couldn't open
> these two controls originally. After applying the patch I seemed to be
> able to open the controls okay. However, having tried applying the
> patch again in a fresh image, this time it doesn't work.
>
> Obviously, some further experimentation is necessary.
>
> Best regards,

Re: DatePresenter

Blair McGlashan-3
"Pablo Digonzelli" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:4388b494$[hidden email]...
> Andy ,I am using w2k with all patches.
> Pablo

Ah, well that is the reason. The 'DatePresenter.Picker view' is a common
control that is available on Windows 2000, but it will only work if the
library has been initialised correctly. The Dolphin X6 IDE is not supported
on Windows 2000 (as described at
http://www.object-arts.com/content/navigation/products/systemRequirements.html),
and includes a common control package which is not compatible with Windows
2000 (namely the 'Dolphin SysLink Control' package). The incompatible
package causes the common control library initialisation to fail.

Note this would not be a problem in a deployed app. (at least if you avoided
using the unsupported SysLink control).

You could fix this problem by uninstalling the 'Dolphin SysLink Control'
package, although you'll have to remove a few methods in the development
system first (see the package's dependents in the package browser). Removal
of those methods will not impair the development system. However there may
be other issues running the IDE on Win2k, some may not be reasonably
fixable.

We won't be providing a patch for this issue, and won't actively work on
issues reported in the IDE against win2k . We will actively support
application issues on Win2k, as long as it does not involve the use of
components which use XP/2k3 specific features.

Regards

Blair

Re: DatePresenter

Blair McGlashan-3
"Ian Bartholomew" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> Andy,
>
>> What OS are you using? This doesn't seem to occur under Windows XP
>
> I see the same problem on XP (and your patch doesn't seem to make a
> difference).
>
> Perhaps it only happens on a system that doesn't have a updated copy of
> MSCOMCT2.OCX on it, mine is version 6.0.8804 dated 14/3/2000.  That would
> be the version available on a XP system that doesn't have any newer MS
> tools present.
>
> FWIW I get the same error when I try to look at the MaskedEdit class.

I could understand if MonthView doesn't work for you - that (like
MaskedEdit) is included in the image mainly as an example of a wrapping
around an ActiveX control. Unfortunately it isn't actually any use (at
design time, so-called) unless you have an MS development tool installed
that provides you with a license for it. Frankly it is more trouble that it
is worth and I think we might as well just ditch them both.

The Date-time picker is another matter - its a Windows common control, and
ought to work for you on XP (the issue being over the initialisation of the
common controls library, which doesn't work on 2K because we ask it to
include a control class not available on that platform).

Regards

Blair