Debug outout

Gemstone/S mailing list
Hi there,

We are using gembuilder for C, specifically libgcilnk  (on 3.4.1 64bit
linux)

This code logs several things to stdout:

1) A startup banner
2) Startup configuration
3) Garbage collection stats
4) Things prefixed with [Info] or [DEBUG]
5) Logins and logouts, prefixed with ---, a date and time
6) A date/timestamp in []

I was wondering if there's any way to control which of these are to be
output or not, or how to change log levels where applicable?

Regards
Iwan

Re: Debug outout

Gemstone/S mailing list
Not entirely.  Are you looking to completely turn off all logging? What
is your desired result?

For now you could reduce some of the output with this:

uint loginFlags = GCI_LOGIN_QUIET;
int haltOnErrNum = 0;
BoolType ok = GciLoginEx(gemstoneUsername, gemstonePassword, loginFlags,
haltOnErrNum );

Norm Green

On 5/19/2020 6:07 AM, Iwan Vosloo via GemStone-Smalltalk wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> We are using gembuilder for C, specifically libgcilnk  (on 3.4.1 64bit
> linux)
>
> This code logs several things to stdout:
>
> 1) A startup banner
> 2) Startup configuration
> 3) Garbage collection stats
> 4) Things prefixed with [Info] or [DEBUG]
> 5) Logins and logouts, prefixed with ---, a date and time
> 6) A date/timestamp in []
>
> I was wondering if there's any way to control which of these are to be
> output or not, or how to change log levels where applicable?
>
> Regards
> Iwan

Re: Debug outout

Gemstone/S mailing list
Thanks Norm,

I'll play with that.

We just want to log less. Things like these feel like they clog up the
logs, for example:

[Info]: User ID: DataCurator
[Info]: Repository: development
[Info]: Session ID: 9
[Info]: GCI Client Host: <Linked>
[Info]: Page server PID: -1
[Info]: Gave this process preference for OOM killer: wrote to
/proc/30512/oom_score_adj value 250

Changing that log level to log at more severe level than info would be nice.

This does not need to be programmatically. I was hoping for an ENV var
or config setting too, but I could not see anything - hence my checking
with you.

Regards
Iwan

Reahl, the Python only web framework / www.reahl.org