Debugger and stepping over a function that will have a DNU

Debugger and stepping over a function that will have a DNU

Holger Freyther
Hi,

before I try to reproduce this exactly I wondered if the following is a known issue with Pharo5. If I am in the debugger and try to step over a message send and that would generate a DNU, Pharo starts taking 99% cpu time. If I use CMD+./CTRL+. to interrupt it doesn't really work either. I get it to repaint the screen once and see a lot of message boxes with errors but the system remains unresponsive.

Is that known?

        holger

Re: Debugger and stepping over a function that will have a DNU

NorbertHartl
I think it is known. But there seem to be more problems in the debugger when stepping. So not easy to find the exact culprit

Norbert

> Am 04.12.2016 um 14:34 schrieb Holger Freyther <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi,
>
> before I try to reproduce this exactly I wondered if the following is a known issue with Pharo5. If I am in the debugger and try to step over a message send and that would generate a DNU, Pharo starts taking 99% cpu time. If I use CMD+./CTRL+. to interrupt it doesn't really work either. I get it to repaint the screen once and see a lot of message boxes with errors but the system remains unresponsive.
>
> Is that known?
>
>    holger

Re: Debugger and stepping over a function that will have a DNU

Denis Kudriashov

It was fixed here 16877 and here 19108. (last allows interrupt in such cases)

Re: Debugger and stepping over a function that will have a DNU

Holger Freyther

> On 05 Dec 2016, at 13:03, Denis Kudriashov <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear Denis,

> It was fixed here 16877 and here 19108. (last allows interrupt in such cases)

is this in Pharo5 or will it show up in Pharo5?

thank you
        holger

Re: Debugger and stepping over a function that will have a DNU

Marcus Denker-4

> On 5 Dec 2016, at 19:10, Holger Freyther <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On 05 Dec 2016, at 13:03, Denis Kudriashov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

> Dear Denis,
>

>> It was fixed here 16877 and here 19108. (last allows interrupt in such cases)
>
> is this in Pharo5 or will it show up in Pharo5?

These are good candidates for back porting. I will put it on my TODO.

        Marcus

It was fixed only in Pharo 6. it should be mentioned in issue parameters

On 6 Dec 2016, at 07:10, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 5 Dec 2016, at 19:10, Holger Freyther <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 05 Dec 2016, at 13:03, Denis Kudriashov <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear Denis,

It was fixed here 16877 and here 19108. (last allows interrupt in such cases)

is this in Pharo5 or will it show up in Pharo5?

These are good candidates for back porting. I will put it on my TODO.

I added an issue to not forget:

Marcus