Debugger code edits lost?

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Please do not ask me how to reproduce this... :)  Actually, I *think* it might be triggered by certain types of syntax errors.  Bottom line is that the sometime I do a fair bit of coding in the debugger, only to find that the fruits of my labor went to oblivion and beyond.  Gone - no trace of it.  It has happened enough that that I believe there are legs to it.

Has anyone else seen it?

Re: Debugger code edits lost?

Frank Shearar-3
On 18 April 2012 17:17, Schwab,Wilhelm K <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Please do not ask me how to reproduce this... :)  Actually, I *think* it
> might be triggered by certain types of syntax errors.  Bottom line is that
> the sometime I do a fair bit of coding in the debugger, only to find that
> the fruits of my labor went to oblivion and beyond.  Gone - no trace of it.
> It has happened enough that that I believe there are legs to it.
>
> Has anyone else seen it?

Yes, many times. In Squeak, so it might well be in those parts still
common to both. I happened to be working with partial continuations,
so I was actively hacking the stack in which I was debugging, but I've
seen it occasionally elsewhere too.

You edit the method, accept, restart... and if you open a Browser on
that method the method's unchanged and versions shows no trace of your
edit.

frank

Re: Debugger code edits lost?

Schwab,Wilhelm K