Debugger image crash

Steve Alan Waring
Hi Andy and Blair,

I have found an error when restarting a BlockFrame which has an unwind
block.

The easiest way to reproduce it, is to debug a test case with an error.
The steps are:

 1/ Create a test with an error (For example, SUnitText>>testFoo self
error: 'foo'.)
 2/ Open a debugger on the test error.
 3/ Restart the '[] in SUnitTest(TestCase)>>runCase' frame.

At this point something goes wrong. The  '[] in
SUnitTest(TestCase)>>runCase' frame is the 2nd frame from the top, with
the top frame being  'SmallInteger(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:'

 4/ Stubbornly restart the '[] in SUnitTest(TestCase)>>runCase' frame
again.
 5/ Boom! ... image gone.

Thanks,
Steve

Re: Debugger image crash

Blair-2
"Steve Alan Waring" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> Hi Andy and Blair,
>
> I have found an error when restarting a BlockFrame which has an unwind
> block.
>
> The easiest way to reproduce it, is to debug a test case with an error.
> The steps are:
>
> 1/ Create a test with an error (For example, SUnitText>>testFoo self
> error: 'foo'.)
> 2/ Open a debugger on the test error.
> 3/ Restart the '[] in SUnitTest(TestCase)>>runCase' frame.
>
> At this point something goes wrong. The  '[] in
> SUnitTest(TestCase)>>runCase' frame is the 2nd frame from the top, with
> the top frame being  'SmallInteger(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:'
>
> 4/ Stubbornly restart the '[] in SUnitTest(TestCase)>>runCase' frame
> again.
> 5/ Boom! ... image gone.

Thanks for the report Steve. I am aware of some cases where the debugger
maps the IP from release to debug method versions incorrectly, and that can
result in crashes. I'll add this detail to the bug report for investigation.

Regards

Blair