Debugger, not any more with Seaside 3.x?

Debugger, not any more with Seaside 3.x?

HilaireFernandes
Hello,

I remember with Seaside 2.x it was possible to open the debugger in the
image when an error occurred during the rendering.

Now only a message, without a link, is printed on the web browser,
although the option "Allow debugging of errors" is enabled.

Do I miss something?

Thanks

Hilaire

Ref.
http://forum.world.st/Allow-debugging-of-errors-does-not-work-for-rendering-Only-for-callbacks-tt3264419.html

--
Dr. Geo - http://drgeo.eu
iStoa - http://istoa.drgeo.eu

Re: Debugger, not any more with Seaside 3.x?

Stephan Eggermont-3
The default exception handler was changed. Either change it
from config, or do something similar to

Application class>>registerForDevelopmentAt: anApplicationName
        | application |
        WAAdmin enableDevelopmentTools.
        application := self registerAt: anApplicationName.
        application filter configuration at: #exceptionHandler put: WADebugErrorHandler.
        ^application

Application class>>registerAt: anApplicationName
        ^(WAAdmin register: self asApplicationAt: anApplicationName)
                preferenceAt: #sessionClass put: self sessionClass;
                addLibrary: JQDeploymentLibrary;
                addLibrary: JQUiDeploymentLibrary;
                yourself_______________________________________________
seaside mailing list

Re: Debugger, not any more with Seaside 3.x?

HilaireFernandes
Thanks

I am must be nuts but I see nothing in the config section (enclosed
screenshot).
I will try your set up.
Is there a place for up to date doc?

Thanks

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo - http://drgeo.eu
iStoa - http://istoa.drgeo.eu

seasideconfig.png (148K) Download Attachment

Re: Debugger, not any more with Seaside 3.x?

Johan Brichau-2
Click ‘Configure’ next to the ‘ExceptionFilter’.

So the amount of questions on this subject clearly shows that it’s not clear and no, it’s not in the book.
Yet another TODO, I’m afraid.

Johan

On 04 Feb 2015, at 11:00, Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

http://blog.fitzell.ca/2008/12/seaside-29-exception-handling.html

Configure the WAExceptionFilter
It by default is set to WAHtmlErrorHandler

There are other subclasses of WAErrorHandler
that might be interesting.

http://seaside.st/community/development/seaside30
http://seaside.st/community/development/seaside31

At the Pharo Days we already talked about the need
to update the site

Stephan