Debugger "reporting" feature

Ben Coman
In the Pre-Debug window there is the <Report> button that coverts the call stack to text that can be pasted into an email.  But when you proceed into the main debugger it seems you lose access to that feature.

Would it be worth adding <Report> to the debugger context menu?

cheers -ben

Re: Debugger "reporting" feature

Peter Uhnak
Is this functionality actually used? Where do the reports end up? What is contained in the report?

Peter

cheers -ben

Re: Debugger "reporting" feature

Ben Coman
I've never used it to auto-report to any remote remote server. That part can go.
But as I stated, I do find it useful for getting a text representation of the stack for manually pasting into fogbugz issues, instead of having to dig through the halos into the morph contents.
Can this part be kept and moved into the stack-context-menu?

cheers -ben

On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 5:59 PM, Denis Kudriashov <[hidden email]> wrote:
I think it is outdated feature and we should remove it to not confuse people.

Is this functionality actuaat part can golly used? Where do the reports end up? What is contained in the report?

Peter

On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 4:35 AM, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:
In the Pre-Debug window there is the <Report> button that coverts the call stack to text that can be pasted into an email.  But when you proceed into the main debugger it seems you lose access to that feature.

Would it be worth adding <Report> to the debugger context menu?

cheers -ben

Re: Debugger "reporting" feature

Stephane Ducasse-3
Can you open a bug entry?

On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 4:16 PM, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> sounds good.
> cheers -ben
>
> On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 10:55 PM, Denis Kudriashov <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Maybe we should name and implement it as "copy stack to clipboard"?

>>> I've never used it to auto-report to any remote remote server. That part
>>> can go.
>>> But as I stated, I do find it useful for getting a text representation of
>>> the stack for manually pasting into fogbugz issues, instead of having to dig
>>> through the halos into the morph contents.
>>> Can this part be kept and moved into the stack-context-menu?
>>>
>>> cheers -ben

Re: Debugger "reporting" feature

Ben Coman
cool. done.