Debugger should step silently over #halt

Debugger should step silently over #halt

Ben Coman
I'll often put several breakpoints in code like this...
```
debug := true.
"Somewhere else in application code..."
debug ifTrue: [ self halt ].
1 + 1. "Representing some longer bit of application code"
debug ifTrue: [ self halt ].
2 + 2. "Representing some longer bit of application code"
debug ifTrue: [ self halt ].
3 + 3. "Representing some longer bit of application code"
```
While stepping <Over> code after hitting the first halt,
I am used to subsequent halts being silently stepped over.
and also build 60541 started from PharoLauncher.

However build 71231 and build 60542 do not silently step over a #halt.
Each produces slightly different results (pics attached).
P01-Double-Halt-Pharo7.png
P02-Double-Halt-Pharo60542.png

I've logged an issue...

cheers -ben

Re: Debugger should step silently over #halt

Tim Mackinnon
I never knew it did that - but it makes sense. Presumably pressing resume then activated them again right?

Tim

Sent from my iPhone

cheers -ben

On Fri, 21 Sep 2018 at 01:51, Tim Mackinnon <[hidden email]> wrote:
I never knew it did that - but it makes sense. Presumably pressing resume then activated them again right?

yes.
Though IIUC its not so much that they were deactivated,
but more like the system goes... I hit a halt, hey I'm already halted, so no-op.

cheers -ben