Debugging "Error: Could not access..."

Geert Claes
Administrator
I am trying to use the debugger to find our why I get: "Error: Could not access http://www.squeaksource.com/Pharo" via an HTTP proxy server with authentication.

I have successfully saved the network settings and from what I can tell the HTTPSocket has the correct HTTPProxyServer/Port and seems to have something in HTTPProxyCredentials so how do I find out why I get the Could not access?

Re: Debugging "Error: Could not access..."

Stéphane Ducasse
do you have access to the repository
        ok loggin and password?

On May 24, 2010, at 1:07 PM, Geert Claes wrote:

> I am trying to use the debugger to find our why I get: "Error: Could not
> access http://www.squeaksource.com/Pharo" via an HTTP proxy server with
> authentication.
>
> I have successfully saved the network settings and from what I can tell the
> HTTPSocket has the correct HTTPProxyServer/Port and seems to have something
> in HTTPProxyCredentials so how do I find out why I get the Could not access?
>
> http://n4.nabble.com/file/n2228445/Proxy_Authentication_Settings.png
>

> http://n4.nabble.com/file/n2228445/Error_-_Could_Not_Access.png

Re: Debugging "Error: Could not access..."

Geert Claes
Administrator
I am not sure what you are asking?  I have the same error when I try to open (to see the packages) any repositories so I assume I have a problem with the proxy server and I wanted to try to figure out why.

Stéphane Ducasse wrote
do you have access to the repository
        ok loggin and password?

Re: Debugging "Error: Could not access..."

Mariano Martinez Peck
Geert, can you please open a ticket if this is still present?

I remember this problem with Alain.

Cheers

mariano

Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> do you have access to the repository
>       ok loggin and password?

Re: Debugging "Error: Could not access..."

Geert Claes
Administrator
Before opening a ticket I would like to check if there is actually a way to specify "automatically detect settings" and a "Use automatic configuration script" as in the windows LAN Settings at all?

LAN Settings

ps. Getting back to my debug question, what is the best way to start debugging whatever happens when clicking the "Open" button in the Monticello browser with a Squeaksource repository selected?  Where can I see whether the correct network settings are used at all?

Re: Debugging "Error: Could not access..."

Michael Roberts-2
On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 11:55 AM, Geert Claes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Before opening a ticket I would like to check if there is actually a way to
> specify "automatically detect settings" and a "Use automatic configuration
> script" as in the windows LAN Settings at all?

I don't think so. those scripts are normally javascript files and
would require a parser.  It would be a nice feature though.

> http://forum.world.st/file/n2237143/LAN_Settings.png
>
> ps. Getting back to my debug question, what is the best way to start
> debugging whatever happens when clicking the "Open" button in the Monticello
> browser with a Squeaksource repository selected?

One way is to
-bring up the morphic halo (shift-alt on mac) and click until you have
the pluggable button selected.
-click the debug halo (spanner) and say inspect morph.
-see the actionSelector is openRepository
-browse implementors, there is only one
-correlate this with the model
-toggle break on entry in the method view
-press the button

cheers
Mike

Just submitted a ticket http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=2494

It would be great if the network settings could be managed from the VM just like it manages the printer configuration.

Re: Debugging "Error: Could not access..."

Geert Claes
Administrator
Michael Roberts-2 wrote
One way is to
-bring up the morphic halo (shift-alt on mac) and click until you have
the pluggable button selected.
-click the debug halo (spanner) and say inspect morph.
-see the actionSelector is openRepository
I managed to get to this step :)  How do I set a "toggle break on entry"?

Michael Roberts-2 wrote
-press the button

Re: Debugging "Error: Could not access..."

Michael Roberts-2
Sorry....

The set break is on the (classic) implementors browser on the context
menu of the method list

Cheers
Mike