Debugging - how to flush current output to browser?

Debugging - how to flush current output to browser?

Sophie424
I am debugging some rendering code. When in the Squeak debugger I would like
to flush what has been rendered so far to the browser, so the browser shows
as much of the rendered output as is currently completed.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!

Re: Debugging - how to flush current output to browser?

Lukas Renggli
> Is there a way to do this?

If you want to proceed afterwards: Maybe.

You certainly need to use a streaming server to be able to do that.
And probably you need to send some padding data to fill the socket
buffers on both sides. The Comet implementation does that.

If you don't want to proceed: Yes.

Inspect "html context document" and send that back to the client.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

"Lukas Renggli" <[hidden email]> wrote in message

>> Is there a way to do this?
>
> If you don't want to proceed: Yes.
>
> Inspect "html context document" and send that back to the client.

Sounds perfect. How do I "send that back to the client"?

Thanks!

Re: Re: Debugging - how to flush current output to browser?

Lukas Renggli
>> Inspect "html context document" and send that back to the client.
>
> Sounds perfect. How do I "send that back to the client"?

See the other thread: "[Seaside] callback returning content"

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Re: Debugging - how to flush current output to browser?

Sophie424
"Lukas Renggli" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
>>> Inspect "html context document" and send that back to the client.
>>
>> Sounds perfect. How do I "send that back to the client"?
>
> See the other thread: "[Seaside] callback returning content"

self session returnResponse: (WAResponse new
    nextPutAll: '...';
    yourself).

Can I access "self session" in the debugger in 2.8? In 2.9?

Thanks!

Re: Re: Re: Debugging - how to flush current output to browser?

Lukas Renggli
On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 4:44 AM, Sophie (itsme213) <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> Sounds perfect. How do I "send that back to the client"?
>>
>> See the other thread: "[Seaside] callback returning content"
>

> self session returnResponse: (WAResponse new
>    nextPutAll: '...';
>    yourself).
>
> Can I access "self session" in the debugger in 2.8? In 2.9?

It should work in 2.9. It probably doesn't in 2.8.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Re: Re: Debugging - how to flush current output to browser?

Philippe Marschall
2008/12/4 Sophie (itsme213) <[hidden email]>:

>>> Sounds perfect. How do I "send that back to the client"?
>>
>> See the other thread: "[Seaside] callback returning content"
>

> self session returnResponse: (WAResponse new
>    nextPutAll: '...';
>    yourself).
>
> Can I access "self session" in the debugger in 2.8? In 2.9?

2.8:
I think Klaus Witzel once posted and evil change set that does this.

When I need the session in the debugger I usally add the following
code to the method and hit proceed.

| session |
session := self session.
self halt.

Cheers
Philippe

"Philippe Marschall" <[hidden email]> wrote in message

> When I need the session in the debugger I usally add the following
> code to the method and hit proceed.
>
> | session |
> session := self session.
> self halt.

Ah, yes. I now recall that Lukas had pointed this out before and I saved it
in my "to remember" list somwhere :-)

Thanks!