Debugging vs. TaskQueue

Holger Freyther
Good Evening,

I played somemore with the debugger and noticed an unwanted interaction
with the TaskQueue:

   [:each | each halt. 'abc' printNl ] value: 3

So "each halt" will show up the debugger. My assumption was that when
I press "F8" I would end up at "'abc' printNl" but I end in the TaskQueue
exception handler and then my process is aborted.

Do you think there is a way to have TaskQueue work and still be able to
return to the right place inside this block?

holger

Re: Debugging vs. TaskQueue

Gwenaël Casaccio
On 02/12/2013 20:13, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:

> Good Evening,
>
> I played somemore with the debugger and noticed an unwanted interaction
> with the TaskQueue:
>
>     [:each | each halt. 'abc' printNl ] value: 3
>
> So "each halt" will show up the debugger. My assumption was that when
> I press "F8" I would end up at "'abc' printNl" but I end in the TaskQueue
> exception handler and then my process is aborted.
>
> Do you think there is a way to have TaskQueue work and still be able to
> return to the right place inside this block?
>
> holger

I think the debugger should handle Halt exception and continue
the execution.

Gwen

Re: Debugging vs. TaskQueue

Gwenaël Casaccio
On 02/12/2013 20:13, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:

> Good Evening,
>
> I played somemore with the debugger and noticed an unwanted interaction
> with the TaskQueue:
>
>     [:each | each halt. 'abc' printNl ] value: 3
>
> So "each halt" will show up the debugger. My assumption was that when
> I press "F8" I would end up at "'abc' printNl" but I end in the TaskQueue
> exception handler and then my process is aborted.
>
> Do you think there is a way to have TaskQueue work and still be able to
> return to the right place inside this block?
>
> holger

In GtkDebugger replace #debugger: with
http://paste.lisp.org/display/140362 it should skip the Halt exception
this is not the final version
(need to put it in Debugger and start to add pref. framework).

Cheers,
Gwen

Re: Debugging vs. TaskQueue

Gwenaël Casaccio
On 02/12/2013 20:13, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:

> Good Evening,
>
> I played somemore with the debugger and noticed an unwanted interaction
> with the TaskQueue:
>
>     [:each | each halt. 'abc' printNl ] value: 3
>
> So "each halt" will show up the debugger. My assumption was that when
> I press "F8" I would end up at "'abc' printNl" but I end in the TaskQueue
> exception handler and then my process is aborted.
>
> Do you think there is a way to have TaskQueue work and still be able to
> return to the right place inside this block?
>
> holger

The patch only signal one time the semaphore and only
error are catched by the exception handler.

Cheers,
Gwen

0001-Only-signal-one-time-the-sempahore-and-catch-Error-i.patch (2K) Download Attachment

Re: Debugging vs. TaskQueue

Gwenaël Casaccio
On 05/12/2013 14:37, Gwenaël Casaccio wrote:

> On 02/12/2013 20:13, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
>> Good Evening,
>>
>> I played somemore with the debugger and noticed an unwanted interaction
>> with the TaskQueue:
>>
>>     [:each | each halt. 'abc' printNl ] value: 3
>>
>> So "each halt" will show up the debugger. My assumption was that when
>> I press "F8" I would end up at "'abc' printNl" but I end in the
>> TaskQueue
>> exception handler and then my process is aborted.
>>
>> Do you think there is a way to have TaskQueue work and still be able to
>> return to the right place inside this block?
>>
>> holger

> The patch only signal one time the semaphore and only
> error are catched by the exception handler.
>
> Cheers,
> Gwen

Thanks Holger to your remark, the current implementation is better