Delay startTimerInterruptWatcher in ScriptLoader >> cleanUpMethods -> DNU

Delay startTimerInterruptWatcher in ScriptLoader >> cleanUpMethods -> DNU

Mariano Martinez Peck
Try to evaluate ScriptLoader new cleanUpMethods

and you will see that in ScriptLoader >> cleanUpMethods

you do:

Delay startTimerInterruptWatcher.

and there is the DNU as startTimerInterruptWatcher  is never implemented.

Solutions ?

1) Remove Delay startTimerInterruptWatcher.  from cleanUpMethods

2) Maybe the message should be stopTimerEventLoop ??  I have no idea

The only thing I found in the issues was this:

In squeak 3.9  the method is implemented, and like this:

startTimerInterruptWatcher
    "Reset the class variables that keep track of active Delays and re-start the timer interrupt watcher process. Any currently scheduled delays are forgotten."
    "Delay startTimerInterruptWatcher"

    | p |
    self primSignal: nil atMilliseconds: 0.
    TimingSemaphore == nil
        ifFalse: [TimingSemaphore terminateProcess].
    TimingSemaphore _ Semaphore new.
    AccessProtect _ Semaphore forMutualExclusion.
    SuspendedDelays _
        SortedCollection sortBlock:
            [:d1 :d2 | d1 resumptionTime <= d2 resumptionTime].
    ActiveDelay _ nil.
    p _ [self timerInterruptWatcher] newProcess.
    p priority: Processor timingPriority.
    p resume.

Re: Delay startTimerInterruptWatcher in ScriptLoader >> cleanUpMethods -> DNU

Adrian Lienhard
I would remove cleanUpMethods and move what is worth and working to cleanUpForRelease.

Cheers,
Adrian