Delay when I upload to Squeaksource 2MB files size

Delay when I upload to Squeaksource 2MB files size

gerard alis
Seems upload correctly, but when the progress bar is almost ended seems much more slow...

Regards.

Re: Delay when I upload to Squeaksource 2MB files size

Tobias Pape
Am 2010-10-27 um 10:16 schrieb nullPointer:
> Seems upload correctly, but when the progress bar is almost ended seems much
> more slow...

Hence, squeaksource is down.
  I encountered this behaviour onsite (i.e. here at HPI)
whenever a student tried to upload a MCZ, and it failed
or hanged, the SqueakSource installation went haywire.
  So, whenever you encounter failing or endlessly hanging
uploads, pleas tell the mailing lists or the box admins,
so that squeaksource can be bought up again quickly.

So long,
        -Tobias

Re: [Box-Admins] Re: Delay when I upload to Squeaksource 2MB files size

Bert Freudenberg
On 27.10.2010, at 10:39, Tobias Pape wrote:

> Am 2010-10-27 um 10:16 schrieb nullPointer:
>> Seems upload correctly, but when the progress bar is almost ended seems much
>> more slow...
>

> Hence, squeaksource is down.
>  I encountered this behaviour onsite (i.e. here at HPI)
> whenever a student tried to upload a MCZ, and it failed
> or hanged, the SqueakSource installation went haywire.
>  So, whenever you encounter failing or endlessly hanging
> uploads, pleas tell the mailing lists or the box admins,
> so that squeaksource can be bought up again quickly.

squeaksource.com is hosted by University of Bern's Software Composition Group. Kudos to them, it's an outstanding service to the community!

But since it is not hosted on a squeak.org server, it does no good to notify the Squeak box admin team when squeaksource.com goes down. OTOH if source.squeak.org misbehaves, then the box admins are the right address.

- Bert -

Re: Delay when I upload to Squeaksource 2MB files size

Philippe Marschall-2
On 10/27/2010 10:16 AM, nullPointer wrote:

> Seems upload correctly, but when the progress bar is almost ended seems much
> more slow...

Back in the day, before FastSocketStream by Göran, multipart uploads in
Seaside could be quite slow. I don't know whether the SqS image has been
patched to use it.

Cheers
Philippe