Delete class walkback

Ian Bartholomew
I consistently get a walkback, using 4.01, with the following sequence -

CHB: Add a new ContainerView subclass called Aaa
CHB: Add a new view to Aaa using the default values.
PB: Create a new package and add Aaa
CHB: Delete Aaa

nb. The walkback only occurs when the PackageBrowser is open and the classes
tab is selected and displaying the class that is being deleted.

Ian

Re: Delete class walkback

Blair McGlashan
"Ian Bartholomew" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:OmDv6.58250$[hidden email]...
> I consistently get a walkback, using 4.01, with the following sequence -
>
> CHB: Add a new ContainerView subclass called Aaa
> CHB: Add a new view to Aaa using the default values.
> PB: Create a new package and add Aaa
> CHB: Delete Aaa
>
> nb. The walkback only occurs when the PackageBrowser is open and the
classes
> tab is selected and displaying the class that is being deleted.

Thanks Ian, defect 156 "Walkback from Package Browser when deleting a class
with resources when that class selected in the Package Browser".

It is an event sequencing issue caused by the resource manager responding to
the deletion of the class and triggering further events before the package
itself has been updated. I suspect this is of long standing (i.e. it will
also be in 3.0).

Regards

Blair