Deleted methods in store ...

Dennis smith-4
If someone deletes a method for a class which is store, and if you do
browse removed methods -- it seems it shows the changed versions, but
not the actual delete action.  This means there is no way to tell when it
was deleted or by whom????

Am I missing something?

--
Dennis Smith                        [hidden email]
Cherniak Software Development Corporation       +1 905.771.7011
Thornhill, ON Canada L3T 7N7    http://www.CherniakSoftware.com

Re: Deleted methods in store ...

Martin McClure
Dennis Smith wrote:
> If someone deletes a method for a class which is store, and if you do
> browse removed methods -- it seems it shows the changed versions, but
> not the actual delete action.  This means there is no way to tell when it
> was deleted or by whom????
>
> Am I missing something?

You can tell when it was deleted, and by whom, though it's somewhat
roundabout. I haven't needed to do this too often, so this method works
well for me:

When you're looking a the removed method's version browser, select the
last version of the method, and select "Containing packages" from the menu.

In the resulting list, the last package version is the last one to have
the method. If you then look at the version list of that package, you'll
see the next version (the first without the method) and who published it
and when.

Regards,

-Martin

Re: Deleted methods in store ...

Dennis smith-4
Thanks -- I tried it -- it works -- not obvious or trivial -- and takes
a while to find
all the packages -- but then I guess we don't need it that much.

--
Dennis Smith                        [hidden email]
Cherniak Software Development Corporation       +1 905.771.7011
400-10 Commerce Valley Dr E                Fax: +1 905.771.6288
Thornhill, ON Canada L3T 7N7    http://www.CherniakSoftware.com

Re: Deleted methods in store ...

Charles Adams
Look at the 'containing packages'. The version after the last version the
method appeared in gives you the time and the person making the change.