Dependency over XML-Parser?

Damien Cassou-3
Hi,

I've just seen the log of Seaside2.7a1-mb.211.mcz. What is this item about?

- XML-Parser required (built on XML-Parser-mir.9)

Bye

--
Damien Cassou

Re: Dependency over XML-Parser?

Michel Bany

On 29 Mar 2007, at 20:47 , Damien Cassou wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just seen the log of Seaside2.7a1-mb.211.mcz. What is this
> item about?
>
> - XML-Parser required (built on XML-Parser-mir.9)

Hi Damien,
I added unit tests for detecting regressions in html generation.
These unit tests use the XML parser.
If there is anything wrong with this, I can re-implement differently
to make the dependency weaker.
Michel.

2007/3/30, Michel Bany <[hidden email]>:

> On 29 Mar 2007, at 20:47 , Damien Cassou wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've just seen the log of Seaside2.7a1-mb.211.mcz. What is this
> > item about?
> >
> > - XML-Parser required (built on XML-Parser-mir.9)
>
> Hi Damien,
> I added unit tests for detecting regressions in html generation.
> These unit tests use the XML parser.
> If there is anything wrong with this, I can re-implement differently
> to make the dependency weaker.

Hi Michel,

I don't think a new dependency is a good idea. Especially if it's for
testing purposes. Two suggestions:

- create a separate package for tests and add a dependency on that
package. Users will then be able to use Seaside without an XML parser
if they don't want tests.

- reimplement your tests to not use an XML-Parser. You may be able to
do the same tests with an hand-coded simple XML-Parser.

--
Damien Cassou