[Deploy Application] Where to host using Gemstone/s?

[Deploy Application] Where to host using Gemstone/s?

sergio_101

I am ready to deploy a live production application, and am exploring my options..

I currently host a bunch of other things over at Digital Ocean. I would like to use them for this project to, using a new droplet.

Does anyone know if there is a quick and easy way to install Gemstone/s on the Digital Ocean server?

I will also need to port Teapot to Gemstone/s.

If I need to install Gemtone/s from scratch on the server, which distro would be the recommended for such a thing>

Thanks!

Re: [Deploy Application] Where to host using Gemstone/s?

Dale Henrichs-3

Sergio,

The GsDevKit_home project[1] provides a set of tools for installing and running GemStone/S.

There is GsDevKit_ansible[2] built on top of GsDevKit_home that provides a set of Ansible[3] playbooks for deploying a GemStone server, Nginx, daemontools, etc. on Ubuntu. Ansible can be used with AWS or Linode...

For additional help, I suggest that you hop over to he GsDevKit/GLASS mailing list and ask additional questions.

Dale

[1] https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home#open-source-development-kit-for-gemstones-64-bit-

[2] https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_ansible

[3] https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_ansible

On 03/22/2017 12:35 PM, sergio ruiz wrote:

I am ready to deploy a live production application, and am exploring my options..

I currently host a bunch of other things over at Digital Ocean. I would like to use them for this project to, using a new droplet.

Does anyone know if there is a quick and easy way to install Gemstone/s on the Digital Ocean server?

I will also need to port Teapot to Gemstone/s.

If I need to install Gemtone/s from scratch on the server, which distro would be the recommended for such a thing>

Thanks!

Re: [Deploy Application] Where to host using Gemstone/s?

sergio_101
Aha!

good deal..

i will start looking at this this weekend..

thanks!