Deploy a Pharo 8 application remotely

sergio_101
Hey, all..

I put together a quick REST interface to use internally here.

It’s ready to launch to a production server, and I’m not sure how to set it up on the remote server.

The current zeroconf downloads and sets up a Pharo 7 instance.

What I would like to do is set up Pharo 8 on the remote server, and just replace the image and changes with mine, and start up the Teapot server  remotely.

I usually just use rsync to update the remote image and changes files, but I am not sure how to go about getting the correct setup to run the correct (Pharo 8) interpreter remotely.

I tried doing:

But this brings down only the changes and image files down.. no pharo-vm.

will the pharo-vm that runs pharo 7 also run pharo 8?

Thanks!

----
peace,
sergio
photographer, journalist, visionary

Public Key: http://bit.ly/29z9fG0
#BitMessage BM-NBaswViL21xqgg9STRJjaJaUoyiNe2dV
https://sergio101.com
http://www.codeandmusic.com
http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Re: Deploy a Pharo 8 application remotely

alistairgrant
Hi Sergio,

On Thu, 10 Oct 2019 at 20:14, sergio ruiz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey, all..
>
> I put together a quick REST interface to use internally here.
>
> It’s ready to launch to a production server, and I’m not sure how to set it up on the remote server.
>
> The current zeroconf downloads and sets up a Pharo 7 instance.
>
> What I would like to do is set up Pharo 8 on the remote server, and just replace the image and changes with mine, and start up the Teapot server  remotely.
>
> I usually just use rsync to update the remote image and changes files, but I am not sure how to go about getting the correct setup to run the correct (Pharo 8) interpreter remotely.
>
> I tried doing:
>
> curl https://get.pharo.org/64/80 | bash
>
> But this brings down only the changes and image files down.. no pharo-vm.

curl https://get.pharo.org/64/80+vm | bash

for the vm + image

curl https://get.pharo.org/64/vm80 | bash

for just the VM.

> will the pharo-vm that runs pharo 7 also run pharo 8?

Sometimes, but in general it is safer to assume that they're different.

HTH,
Alistair