Deployed app missing icons

Louis Sumberg-2
- In the listviews for a deployed app, I am getting the default
question-mark icons in the column headers when sorting, instead of the up
and down triangles.

- Cosmetic: In the downloads webpage
(http://www.object-arts.com/Downloads5.htm), under the section "Download
Files", "necessary to for older systems" should be "necessary for older
systems to".

- I don't say this often enough ... Great work, guys!

-- Louis

Re: Deployed app missing icons

Ian Bartholomew-3
Louis,

> - In the listviews for a deployed app, I am getting the default
> question-mark icons in the column headers when sorting, instead of the up
> and down triangles.

I've delayed commenting as I wasn't sure if there was a "proper" way of
doing this (and I've been guilty of  some misdirection recently so I thought
I'd better not push my luck :-))

If you stick a copy of DolphinDR005.dll in your Windows folder then it
automatically become accessible to all Dolphin deployed applications.  It
contains all (?) the Dolphin icons (and other stuff?) so the list indicators
should work again.  You could also put a copy in the same folder at the
executable, if that is easier.

nb: DolphinDR005 is in the redistributable list and can therefore be
included with applications.

Ian

Re: Deployed app missing icons

Louis Sumberg-2
Ian,

> If you stick a copy of DolphinDR005.dll in your Windows folder then it
> automatically become accessible to all Dolphin deployed applications.  It
> contains all (?) the Dolphin icons (and other stuff?) so the list
indicators
> should work again.  You could also put a copy in the same folder at the
> executable, if that is easier.

Thank you very much.  That was it ... you are a true Master.  I copied the
dll to windows\system and the icons are there in the app.

I did follow the default installation for RC1.  Perhaps the windows system
folder is where the dll should be placed during installation *cough cough*.

-- Louis

Re: Deployed app missing icons

Andy Bower
Ian, Bill,

The release will include these icons (and the various toolbar bitmaps that
were in earlier betas) in the ToGo stub This will mean that To Go apps will
pick up the icons without need for the devres library.

Best regards,

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support
http://www.object-arts.com