Deploying Pharo 2 onwards applications (commercial) on Win platforms

Deploying Pharo 2 onwards applications (commercial) on Win platforms

Sanjay Minni
Hi

I am new to Pharo ...

What would be normal / optimum method of deploying Pharo applications on Win platforms (so as to give a native look and deployment feel).
Also if the image / development environment is exposed then can the code be obfuscated (say to avoid tampering)

thanks &
regards
--
Sanjay Minni
91-9900-902902

cheers,
Sanjay

Re: Deploying Pharo 2 onwards applications (commercial) on Win platforms

Stéphane Ducasse

On Dec 30, 2012, at 6:40 AM, Sanjay Minni wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am new to Pharo …

welcome

> What would be normal / optimum method of deploying Pharo applications on Win platforms (so as to give a native look and deployment feel).

You have some themes for windows.
In the past there was VxWidgets but this has not been tested since years I guess.

> Also if the image / development environment is exposed then can the code be obfuscated (say to avoid tampering)
First you can
        block totally the access to the image
                - there are packages or simple techniques for that: for example change the default hnalder of UnhandledException not to
                open the debugger.

                - after you can execute your application without its changes (remove the .change file).

                - against people opening the vm with gbx and hacking bye code….. there not much :)

Stef