Deploying problems

Sebastián Sastre
Hi,

    I'm trying to deploy a normal exe, with a protected runtime session
manager. When stripping the image, sometimes the dolphin crashes and in the
*other times* it displays a message that says:

"The following error occurred while stripping.
The image MUST exist immediately, but see crash dump (if configured).

Must be boolean"

    The .errors file does not has any new record for this error, so I'm
wondering about configuring it better (if possible?).

    The deployment log get to the Preserved Messages section, and at the end
says:
"...
#y:
#z
#z:
#zeroDivide:Must be boolean"

    I have comprobated (experimentally) that the runtime manager is
envolved, because stripping with another (a normal for example) runtime
session manager this does not happen.

    A nice thing to know is what 'must be boolean'...  so, any idea to
deduce it?

    thank you in advance,

--
Sebastián Sastre
[hidden email]

Re: Deploying problems

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Sebastián,

>     A nice thing to know is what 'must be boolean'...  so, any idea to
> deduce it?

You can browse methods containing that text, but the usual problem is
something other than true or false receiving #ifTrue:ifFalse, etc.,
which might be due to missing () or a method that is missing an explicit
hard return and answers the receiver vs. true/false as a result.

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: Deploying problems

Andy Bower-3
Sebastian and others interested in the ProtectedProductSessionManager,

>     I'm trying to deploy a normal exe, with a protected runtime
> session manager.

We do NOT advise that you use the ProtectedProductSessionManager and
associated classes in any real applications. Our attention has been
drawn to some holes in the security mechanism which will leave your
application vunerable to attack.

It is probable (although not certain) that these issues will be fixed
in the Dolphin 6 release but it is not feasible to patch the existing
implementations in D5. If you are currently using these classes to
protect your applications we would recommend that you look into
alternative security mechanisms.

Best regards,

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support